• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 11/12/07

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Location Mt. Snow, VT

Date 11/12/2007

Conditions: Good

Weather. Cloudy

Trip Report: First day of season was good. Seeing AZ gang was good. Beginning of winter and season is good. :)

loafer89

I just got home and it was a fun day with a suprisingly large amount of snow on Chute with some large wales and moguls. My son and I took 11 runs in total with 5 runs down Chute and 4 top to bottom runs down the main face.

It was nice to get out so early and especially fun to ski on my birthday.

Zand

Couldn't have asked for a better first day. Snow on Chute was spectacular with some nice lines and loose stuff. Some of it became potatoes but still lots of fun. Canyon/Standard were also nice... Canyon was a bit slick at the top and both had a few small bare spots but overall very nice. Fun seeing everyone.

You guys are starting to piss me off. Where are the pictures?

Times 2..it's been over 30 hours since I last skied and I'm feening for some stoke..I'm sure Greg will be on here pretty soon which means pictures and maybe a video...Holla..

I'm jealous that you guys got to ski Chute today..

Greg

Staff member
I got home around 6:30. To sum up, best first day of the season ever for me, without question. Chute ruled it. I'll post more detail later after dinner and a shower. No pics, but I'll do up a vid eventually.

bvibert

Staff member
I didn't take any pics, and only a few minutes of video. I was having WAY too much fun to bother stopping... ;)

bvibert

Staff member
I got home around 6:30. To sum up, best first day of the season ever for me, without question. Chute ruled it. I'll post more detail later after dinner and a shower. No pics, but I'll do up a vid eventually.

Wow! Either you were hauling ass, or you didn't stay too much longer after I left. I got home around 6:00 or so....

Greg

Staff member
Wow! Either you were hauling ass, or you didn't stay too much longer after I left. I got home around 6:00 or so....

Skied another run down Chute with Jim, Austin and Zand. Then one more with Austin and Zand. Finished up around 3:30. Left at 3:50, no traffic.