• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 11/12/07

wa-loaf

Can I just say for those of us who couldn't go: YOU GUYS SUCK! :smash:

Greg

Staff member
Vid

Let me just say that the quality here is not great. Tough day to film with the cloudy skies. Also, the encoder I used sucks and doesn't do the original footage any justice. Nevertheless, here's the high res:

Mount Snow, Vermont: 11.12.07 (37.4 MB)

I'm uploading to YouTube now too.

Greg

Staff member
YouTubage

Holy moly are my legs stiff. Just a great, great day. 'Night all.
:beer:

Greg

Staff member
Wow, how could that be with Global Warming????

Pretty simple. Mount Snow lucked out with a good stretch of decent snowmaking weather and they committed themselves 100% to offering a great product. The lower elevation side-to-side coverage on Standard via the fan guns was impressive, but equally, if not more impressive was the coverage on Chute; several feet in spots. I think it was ALLSKIING that easily sunk his entire pole into the snow. The fact that the trail was left ungroomed just made the whole thing that much sweeter.

^After that last run on Chute and then back to the base, I went top-to-bottom on Canyon/Standard with no stops. My legs were screaming after that one.

I did that on Saturday and wow..it sure is an early season leg-burner..most runs I made myself take a quick break or two. I'm jealous that all of you got to ski chute..it looks like a fun run. It sounds like a fun day was had and a turnout of 17 is mad steezy for a Monday in November.

2knees

great job on the video greg, thanks for taking the time to put it up.

I enjoyed the video..good work guys...my day at work definitely wasn't as productive as your day on the slopes...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Ok, some of my pics can be found at http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=108 here's some highlights:

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Yooper

Hey Guys, Great getting the chance to meet up with you, most for the first time. Sorry that I didn't get to Ski with you more, but it was my 15 year old Daughters first time back on the Slopes after blowing out her Knee at the Nationals in Tahoe last April. So I was there for the moral support and to help her regain her confidence as she was really concerned about the Knee. By the way Greg she has the Cabrawlers for the Mogs and really loves them, Great Ski. In any case Fantastic Day. Hope to see you all at Sundown.

awf170

There is no doubt; Hunter Mountain produces some great skiers.

Dodging all those gaper in starter jackets and jeans makes you very quick on your feet. :p

BTW, Andy: Did you try to catch everyone in their worst possible moment?! Our form is bad the first day, but not that bad!

Also, you owe me $3. I'm expecting it to be in the mail by 4pm today... Anyway, thanks for organizing the groups tickets. Did you end up selling the last two tickets?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Dodging all those gaper in starter jackets and jeans makes you very quick on your feet. :p

BTW, Andy: Did you try to catch everyone in their worst possible moment?! Our form is bad the first day, but not that bad!

Also, you owe me $3. I'm expecting it to be in the mail by 4pm today... Anyway, thanks for organizing the groups tickets. Did you end up selling the last two tickets?

Sorry dude, I the old brain had trouble keeping track of everything. PM me you're address and I'll be happy to send you the $3. The last two tix, ran into a Kzoner and let him have the tix.

awf170

Sorry dude, I the old brain had trouble keeping track of everything. PM me you're address and I'll be happy to send you the $3. The last two tix, ran into a Kzoner and let him have the tix.

I'm just kidding. You earned your $3 by organizing the whole thing, and by buying the last two tickets even though we only had 8 people. Anyway, it was definitely worth my $35. Also, if Chute looks like the next weekend and we don't have any natural snow yet we should try for another Mt. Snow gathering.