• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's go time!

WJenness

So after hemming and hawing and trying on a crazy amount of boots, I think I finally have everything I need to start the season in all of my own gear.

I took care of the clothing aspect when I started last year, but was on rental Skis/boots/poles.

Here's what I ended up with:

Skis: '03 K2 Enemy (173cm) - a craigslist find for me... $60 and in decent shape (no bindings tho)
Bindings: Look NX10 - steepandcheap.com.. $40
Boots: Atomic B-Tech 70 - Ken Jones Ski Mart - Nashua, NH... $250
Poles: 44"(or 46" not sure) Goode composites I found in the 'used pole' bin at the Building 19 sale - $5.99 They're a little beat (Scratched), but still straight and in one piece...

I also got A-Line footbeds for my boots. I started another thread on these, they're pretty cool and worth looking into if you don't have 'perfect' feet (mine are flat). Relevant link: http://forums.alpinezone.com/19858-footbeds-off-shelf-variety.html

I tried to take the approach of getting stuff that I won't care that I'll beat up as I'm still pretty early in the learning curve. The exception was the boots, where I just tried to find something that would work well for me and that I would be able to progress in as well as be comfortable. I was amazed at the number of pressure points I found on my feet trying different models of boot.

I'm happy with everything I ended up with, now I'm just waiting to get out and use everything.

The skis are at the shop getting the bindings mounted and tuned, and I can't wait to pick them up and click into my own gear for the first time.

I just had to share...

Any suggestions for my first upgrade are welcome.

-w