• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Sunday, 12/9/2007

Greg

Staff member
skisundown.com said:
WITH THE EXPECTATION OF GETTING 4 NIGHTS OF SUSTAINED SNOWMAKING WE PLAN ON OPENING DEC. 1st!

Looks like there's a good chance we are about 3 weeks out from the start of the Wednesday night Sundown sessions! I will be there the night of 12/5. Anyone else?

bvibert

Staff member
I'll try to be there for sure! Hopefully they'll be open during the week at that point.

Yooper

I have a meeting tomorrow night (Thurs 15th) at Sundown with Management, will post the lastest on what their opening intentions are. I plan on being there the first Wed they are open.

Grassi21

I have a meeting tomorrow night (Thurs 15th) at Sundown with Management, will post the lastest on what their opening intentions are. I plan on being there the first Wed they are open.

Sweet. Thanks for the update.

How was your daughter's knee feeling after Mt. Snow? I think you said it was her first day back on skis.

Greg

Staff member

Great! I heard they always hope for the Friday after Thanksgiving and that this year is no different. I'd love to get in on 11/28 too. I'll likely be there on opening weekend regardless of whether it's 11/23 or 12/1. The forecast starting Friday night looks good:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/zipcity.php?inputstring=06057

Accuweather 15-day looks great too:

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast...ox&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=06057&metric=0

November CT turns? That would be sweet!

Greg

Staff member
Two updates from Chris Sullivan this morning:

We plan to make snow overnight Friday, Saturday?, Sunday, Monday. I do not think it will be enough to get open, but it will be a good head start. It looks like a short warm up next week and then cold again next weekend. If that holds true we will open on the 30th.

I have to get Tom's Treat open prior to bumping up Nor'Easter. I will get it bumped up as I can, It is a high priority to me.

Sweet!!! I never thought I'd be rooting for Tom's Treat to open early as much as I am now!

THINK COLD!!!

bvibert

Staff member
Two updates from Chris Sullivan this morning:

Sweet!!! I never thought I'd be rooting for Tom's Treat to open early as much as I am now!

THINK COLD!!!

:eek: I might have to bring my boards when I'm there Saturday for training... ;)

Paul

That's what I want to hear. :beer:

Nice! How you feelin'?

Thanks for the encouragement!

The knee feels like its around 80-ish % Definitely wearing a brace, and avoiding anything too dramatic for awhile. Tom's "Treat" is most likely about my speed. If I can get clearance from Momma, I'll try to head-on-up. There's no way I'm going to shell-out the bucks for a full-day until I know how this thing is going to go.

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks for the encouragement!

The knee feels like its around 80-ish % Definitely wearing a brace, and avoiding anything too dramatic for awhile. Tom's "Treat" is most likely about my speed. If I can get clearance from Momma, I'll try to head-on-up. There's no way I'm going to shell-out the bucks for a full-day until I know how this thing is going to go.

Keep in mind that Tom's Treat typically isn't open right away. Usually Canyon, Nor'Easter, Stinger, Exhibition, and Little Joe are the initial offerings. IIRC Tom's is typically the next to get attention...

Greg

Staff member
Keep in mind that Tom's Treat typically isn't open right away. Usually Canyon, Nor'Easter, Stinger, Exhibition, and Little Joe are the initial offerings. IIRC Tom's is typically the next to get attention...

Bite your tongue! They are going to open 100% and have bumps on day one! ;)