• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Ski Area?

dmc

Zand said:
Mine is Okemo with Sugarbush and Jiminy close behind.

Kicking Horse...
KickingHorse_04-01-03_Dave_In%20Deep.jpg

KickingHorse_04-05-03_looking_up_odells.jpg

Greg

Staff member
For day trips I have to say Jiminy only because the six pack and Q1 and Widow's quads let you get in a ton of vertical. For extended trips, Sugarloaf, hands down (and I've only been once).

thetrailboss

Staff member
I am a Burke fan since it is home. Sugarbush is close behind and in a different class all together, Pat's Peak has some great night skiing and really friendly folks.

tirolerpeter

Favorite Mt.

My favorites (in order of preference) are Snowbasin UT, Alta UT, and then Vail CO. The mountain part of Vail is priceless...the hassle of getting there is a pain, and paying through the nose for everything is PAINFULL!!

subdude

Long trips 4+hrs SugarLoaf, Wildcat. Shorter trips -2hrs Okemo, and hoping to be Magic this season as I haven't been in 16yrs.

MrMagic

for night skiing - crotchet Nh

for day trips, magic mtn all the way

and for extend trips- i think greg said it best sugarloaf/usa

ChileMass

Talisman said:
My favorite mountain is the one I'm skiing that has light crowds and deep snow.

Roger that.......I'll ski any hill. Anywhere that has no crowds and decent snowcover is just fine....

S

smallberries

Here in the northeast it's...hmmm, Jay followed by Cannon and Sugarloaf. Best out west would be Alta followed by Grand Targhee (big snow beats big mountains).
Best ever was Murren, Switzerland. It's not the biggest in the Alps, but it's pretty spectacular.

Pennskier

You know what I just started skiing a couple of seasons ago and I love this sport. I have honestly considered sking down the steps in my house:) So... my favorite ski spot is any bump that has a white coat.