• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bootfitting With Our Very Own, Jeff Bokum

BeanoNYC

I made an appointment with AZ's resident bootfitter, Jeff Bokum. The trip from NY to Concord wasn't too bad...about 4.5 hours. Jeff evaluated my feet (my wife couldn't believe he actually touched them!) and suggested a few pairs of boots. The boots that I have been using were too big (shell fit) and I needed to drop down a size. We went to the shop he rented space from and tried a few out. We decided on Nordica Beast based on my foot size and shape (from Jeff) and comfort (from me.) Back in Jeff's shop he fitted and tweaked the boot. He was able to do some tweaking to my existing orthotic to save me a few bucks! What really amazed me is that after looking at my natural stance he said "you catch your outside edge a lot...don't you?" Me: "...ummm yeah, you can tell that by looking at my feet and legs?" Jeff: "yep" .... Me: "Holy Chit." We did some canting adjustments and Jeff showed me how to cant my boots with duct tape. After I get about 10 days out on them, I'll come back for him to permanently cant them.

Went from Concord to West Dover that night to Ski Mount Snow on Sunday and to test out the new boots. It was my first day out and I forgot to buckle my boots! I never noticed until after my first top to bottom run. That's how good they fit. Turning was not the typical labor that I am used to. My legs didn't tire as I wasn't fighting to get into good position...my feet were already in good position.

I'm glad I made the trip to see Jeff. Professional, nice, fun guy.

Greg

Staff member
Jeff is top notch. Glad to read about another positive experience.