• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'Out For Delivery'

wa-loaf

Once you heat the liners and mold them you'll settle further back into the heel pocket and you'll have more toe room. You can also mold them with a thick pair of socks on and that'll give you some extra room. Don't fret that they're not the right size...I'm an 11/11.5 street show and I ski in a 27 shell...can hike in them and spend the whole day in them with no problems. The liner can be worked on to create more wiggle room in the toes and the shells can be stretched if necessary....its much easier to make a boot that's a little too tight roomier where you need it than it is to make a boot that is too big fit better. I'm a former Cped, spent dozens of years doing custom boot work, have molded plenty of liners in my day from thermoflex to intuition, foam, etc...it sounds like you've got the right size, they just need to be molded. I'm only 5 min from you...before you send them back or spend any more $$, if you want, send me a pm, we can have a beer and check them out.

Nice offer. DHS I think you need to buy the man that beer. :beer:

Trekchick

So you never tried on the Krypton?:uzi:
The Rampage is a Krypton. As is the Pro, just different boots from the same last.

Yeah, it's the intuition liner. I'm thinking about going and seeing Jeff Bokum now that I'm only about 45 minutes away from him. In the end, if I end up having to drop another $100 or two to get the perfect fit, it'll be worth it in the long run.
When you get the intuition liner formed you'll be happy. Trust me!
That liner doesn't feel (now) like it will once its fitted. IF you were properly fitted for the Rampage but didn't like the flex, then this same size Pro should be great once you get a fitter to mould the liner.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Once you heat the liners and mold them you'll settle further back into the heel pocket and you'll have more toe room. You can also mold them with a thick pair of socks on and that'll give you some extra room. Don't fret that they're not the right size...I'm an 11/11.5 street show and I ski in a 27 shell...can hike in them and spend the whole day in them with no problems. The liner can be worked on to create more wiggle room in the toes and the shells can be stretched if necessary....its much easier to make a boot that's a little too tight roomier where you need it than it is to make a boot that is too big fit better. I'm a former Cped, spent dozens of years doing custom boot work, have molded plenty of liners in my day from thermoflex to intuition, foam, etc...it sounds like you've got the right size, they just need to be molded. I'm only 5 min from you...before you send them back or spend any more $$, if you want, send me a pm, we can have a beer and check them out.

Thanks!

Should we shoot for a few brews at Riverworks and see how crazy people think we are with you sizing up my feet and the Kryptons? :lol:

Come to think of it, I might be on to something here. Putting a bar inside a gear shop :lol: Hell, I've seen them in Laundrymats, why not at a ski gear shop? :lol: I'm sure it would greatly benefit the shop owner. Lord knows when I've tossed back a few I've pulled the credit card out to buy some gear online that I really really really wanted. :lol: Not the Kryptons though. That was mid-morning sober purchase :grin:

Trekchick

Thanks!

Should we shoot for a few brews at Riverworks and see how crazy people think we are with you sizing up my feet and the Kryptons? :lol:

Come to think of it, I might be on to something here. Putting a bar inside a gear shop :lol: Hell, I've seen them in Laundrymats, why not at a ski gear shop? :lol: I'm sure it would greatly benefit the shop owner. Lord knows when I've tossed back a few I've pulled the credit card out to buy some gear online that I really really really wanted. :lol: Not the Kryptons though. That was mid-morning sober purchase :grin:
If you did that, then what would be the point of leaving a case at the back door for favors?
Duh! Does the blonde chick have to think of everything?

Thanks!

That would double my employment qualifications...I used to bar tend in the old port to support my ski industry habit :daffy::beer:

Greg

Staff member
Been a while since I came home to any long boxes. The brown truck will be stopping by this afternoon. Woot woot!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
So there won't be any pics of your UPS guy in crazy anticipation of receipt of said long box?

:lol:

(For those who don't know, Trekchick likes to take pics of her UPS guy when she's expecting a package.)

drjeff

So there won't be any pics of your UPS guy in crazy anticipation of receipt of said long box?

:lol:

(For those who don't know, Trekchick likes to take pics of her UPS guy when she's expecting a package.)

Must try and refrain from making remarks about this one ;) ;)

drjeff

Heck, you only picked up on half of what I was insinuating. ;)

And I know that Trekchick would appreciate that one. :D

I figured there was more, and as such I reserve the right to add to my comments once a few more milligrams of caffiene have circulated through my body this AM! :) ;) :lol:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I squealed with delight when the UPS man delivered a big package to me today.

;)

storms1.JPG

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Just a matter of time before the bump skis:razz:
Not unless somebody gives me a pair. The Storms are a very generous offer from Trekchick. Can't wait til Peter is back so I can them worked on. :D 1 shell size smaller than the Nordica Olympia Beast 10s that I have... they'll be close-fitting, but that's what I want. Peter felt confident that he could make them work when we discussed it several months back.

Trekchick

I squealed with delight when the UPS man delivered a big package to me today.

;)

storms1.JPG
I've certainly gotten some good turns out of them, and hope you will, too!

The liners have only been heated twice by a pro, on stacks, so they should have a lot of life left in them.
Have fun!!

Did I mention that my new custom foot beds have put me a size smaller? Looks like new boots for me next year again.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I haven't been able to get anything done with them yet as, so far as I know, Peter is still away this week. But I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with them. :D Thanks, again!!! :D

Yup, new boots again for you. Oh, the horror! ;)

bvibert

Staff member
I got a visit from the big brown truck today, my new poles came while I was out! Woohoo! :D