• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Icelantic Nomads Arrived

Puck it

They arrived today. Can't wait for a decent storm to go and try them. Will update with review afterwards.

prisnah

Please do review them once you get some days logged on em. I'd be very interested to hear...was thinking about giving those and the shaman a try at some point this year.

I'm not a big fan of their length, but from what I hear they're great for touring. Figure they could at least be worth giving a chance for a day or so.

koreshot

Once mounted with binders, can you do a picture with BSL lined up with another more traditional ski? Wondering how long the tip and tail are compared to the "regular" fatties.

bigbog

Puck_it...,
I have my Hazmats, THaller has her Wateas, along with hubby W and his Porohetes...(what the heck is a Porohete??)
We gotta get together....but with Walter taking it easy on us!....my right thumb & wrist are still healing some, would like to live...do you hear me T.. :lol:

other Steve

Last edited:

Puck it

One word for this ski "Awesome" skied at Sunapee in 8" of pow yesterday. More later.

Puck it

Went up to Mt Sunapee in NH. It is only about 1.25 hours from the house and they were predicting 6-8" of freshies. I arrived about 9:30AM(a little late for me) usually get the front row but not today. So here is the review.

The ski has LD 12 on the Railflex 2 on them with the 1115mm brakes. I skied the first run down a lower mountain travel to catch the HSQ. The skis tracked well on the first section of the run. I lean them over on edge a little and they started to hook up very well. The bottom part of the run is a gentle slope and some what tracked up. I let the skis run at this point and they were very stable. They rode through the pile of powder without a hiccup. I then rode the HSQ to hit the Sun Bowl. This was the pay day. I was able to find untracked areas here. They floated through the untracked powder very well about 10" here. As the day went the runs were getting tracked out and piles were starting to emerge on the runs. They blasted right through mounds and also rode over them. My Recons would not have done this. I did get to them done a run that did not have very much powder and with a decent pitch. They were absolutely awesome on it. They were very stable at the high speeds I was at on this run. The ski definitely does not mind setting an edge and running. It was actually decent a making GS turns and does ski longer. I also set the LD12 back on the railflex too and did feel much better after that adjustment.

I may sell my Recons now that I have these.

The only down side was there were some areas of hard packed man made. They did not do very well. I do not think this would be an everyday ski for the EC skier, but will be a fun ski to pair with a narrower waist ski and make a two ski quiver.

I will update more when I get to ski it in trees. I could have the other day but I did not want to ruin the bases of a brand new pair.

The Nomads were the right choice over the Pilgrims for me and the length is right. I will post pics next to the rest of the quiver soon.

My recommendation is you have to get a pair of these.