• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Educated opinions needed

L2RAFO

K2 Public Enemy, obviously a park 'n pipe ski, but how does it fare as an all mountain board in the East?

Also, any opinions on binding set to make it more all mountain friendly?

TIA.

dcarbs

I've been skiing on it since the end of last year, its a fairly stiff ski, I really like skiing on it, it still a fun ski outside the park. As for the bindings, the normal binding is good unless you plan to do a lot of skiing switch, then you should center mount the binding.

millerm277

Skied on a pair of them a couple times, it's fine on mountain. (I'm not into the parks, so couldn't tell you about how they are in there).

Hawkshot99

K2 Public Enemy, obviously a park 'n pipe ski, but how does it fare as an all mountain board in the East?

Also, any opinions on binding set to make it more all mountain friendly?

TIA.

It is not a park and pipe ski. It is a all mountain ski that will work in the park. The ski is way stiffer than any park person would ever want. The past 2 years I have had them. I will ski the park a bit, but most of my time was out on the rest of the mountain. I loved the ski. Short turns, long turns it worked great. The only thing i struggled at was running gates, but hey its not a SL ski.

Binding placement on them.....The first pair I had was a 169.(Too short for me, but still really enjoyed them) I mounted them at +2. It was mostly used all mountain, but mostly on trails. Really liked the position. Second pair was a 174(really liked the length) and mounted them +4.5 This was a mistake. I do not ride switch. While it didn't really hurt me too much on trails, I wish I had been farther back on soft days. I way 250 and the fronts would dive easily on me in soft snow or powder. If I were to remount the 174 it would be at the far back mounting spot, but I sold them.