• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What "Nationality" Are You?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I buy skis based on the criteria for which I'm looking at the time which includes, in no particular order- dimensions, length, weight, price, wood core etc. Whatever best fits the criteria at the time gets the purchase.

Greg

Staff member
Mostly K2 and Dynastar so I guess I'm a French-American. Oui oui! Also skied on Volkls and Blizzards so I guess I'm part German and Austrian too.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, most boots are at least designed in Italy...where they are made is a different story...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I buy skis based on the criteria for which I'm looking at the time which includes, in no particular order- price, dimensions, price, length, price, weight, price, wood core etc. Whatever best fits the criteria at the time gets the purchase.

Cheap is not a nationality :smash:

koreshot

I'll go with French, cause the most important part of my gear, the boots, are Salomon.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, here is the second question...the thrust of the article I read was that nationality makes a difference...such as Austrian skis are peppier, but require a precise skier. Swiss skis are just expensive and smooth. American skis are soft and easy going. Do you find this to be the case?

molecan

Hmm, seems other than Riverc0il, I'm the only one with Skis aus Deutschland, gebildet von Volkl.

I skied on Head and Rossignol from '79- w/some Atomics thrown in there, and every kind of boot known to man, from 60's kids wee leather boots, to the salomon rear-entry slop machines of the 80's.

I do think, that other than race skis, rossignol tends to make very light/flexible skis these days, which is a serious change from the mid-line rossi's of the late 70's and 80's.

Auf Wiedersehen!