• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How's the wind in S. Vermont

2knees

with this storm. Something that can be hard to get an accurate picture of from any snow report. Any Mt. Snow locals wanna give me a heads up?

reefer

Not a local but I was there in blizzard conditions yesterday afternoon - all lifts were running. The heavy foot of snow that fell wasn't going anywhere! There were very few of us yesterday, and today was tough to give up.....had an important day at work unfortunately........
We left freshies everywhere. Saturday morning, or any day before, should be fantastic at Snow. Heard we might get a little refresher Friday night? What's a little breeze anyway? Here's a pic on the Summit yesterday about 2:30!
Get up there immediately.................................

Last edited:

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
Skied Okemo today, and the wind was BRUTAL! Made for a frigid lift ride and blew the snow around a bit, but for the most part the skiing was great. Hoping for less wind tomorrow.

bigbob

Not S Vermont, but chose to ski Loon today. Little if any wind, snow was fantastic, no crowds, and did over 31,330' in 3.5 hours. Will be hitting the sack soon!

Greg

Staff member
Wind at Killington today was light to moderate, but relatively constant. Certainly nothing to cause a wind hold.

Not S Vermont, but chose to ski Loon today. Little if any wind, snow was fantastic, no crowds, and did over 31,330' in 3.5 hours. Will be hitting the sack soon!

Nice I love hearing about mad steezy vert...about a 9k per hour pace..not too shabby..:flag: