Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/14/2007 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    It was really a fun day. My back was shot by 2:30, but I had a blast right up until then. Was nice to meet everyone and get to ski with some of you. What a great mountain that is. Thanks for all of the advice, Jim. Once I can move again I'll get out there and start applying it

If you're a fan of the Manchester United Football Team, sing the Manchester United song-!

"The mountain picked up about 8" of snow from the storm that seemed to settle and set up a bit overnight. Still great skiing. Run of the day for me was Minya."

Tell me more about the snow conditions. This is all I can find.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Uh Brian. Wheres that video of Shea skiing down Minya Konka? It says you got it. Where is it or have you not posted it yet and are working on it? Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    "The mountain picked up about 8" of snow from the storm that seemed to settle and set up a bit overnight. Still great skiing. Run of the day for me was Minya."

Tell me more about the snow conditions. This is all I can find.
    Around 8" of surprisingly wet and sticky powder. It seemed to dry out as the day when on and it got slightly less humid than it was first thing in the moring. Perfect soft bump building snow. The manmade base on Minya was great, nice and edgeable. The base on a trail like Cliff was slick and more granular. Overall a very nice surface.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Smile

From Spencer:ALPINE ZONE ROCK'S
    The quad is running

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Uh Brian. Wheres that video of Shea skiing down Minya Konka? It says you got it. Where is it or have you not posted it yet and are working on it? Let me know.
    Brian has been running nonstop for a few days now. He'll get it up when he's actually home. Seriously... I haven't seen much of him since Wed. And he's at work at Sundown right now. I bet he'll have it up tonight, if our littlest one cooperates.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I bet he'll have it up tonight, if our littlest one cooperates.
    Most guys wouldn't appreciate the reference "littest one", gee no wonder he said that he's not letting you out this year

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Most guys wouldn't appreciate the reference "littest one", gee no wonder he said that he's not letting you out this year
    Men! Always thinking with/about the little brain, eh?

He hardly has a choice about "letting" me out this year. There's no stopping me!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

see, our little hill is not so shabby and those that have been there before know this ... glad the newbies got a taste of the place we love ... couldn't find an AZ soul in the lodge at days end, but I drank in your honor for a job well done

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Around 8" of surprisingly wet and sticky powder. It seemed to dry out as the day when on and it got slightly less humid than it was first thing in the moring. Perfect soft bump building snow. The manmade base on Minya was great, nice and edgeable. The base on a trail like Cliff was slick and more granular. Overall a very nice surface.
    That's the way it was yesterday...on Thursday it looked alot like your day Friday Bill. Thursday was cold, yesterday the temp got up near 32 and the snow got compacted a bit.

Lot's of fresh snow all day on Thursday. Sorry, no pics.

Thread Information