Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/14/2007 - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Great day yesterday. I had a blast meeting and skiing with everyone. AZ has some incredible skiers (plus at least one rider). I'm definitely in for the next one of these...

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Ta&idaho did you find your helmet?
    Oh, and yeah, I found my helmet--thanks!

Great day, best of the season yet. It's fun followint JimG around as I'm really trying to get my bumping up to speed. And very glad he showed us the cut in to the middle of Clairs, didn't get to ski it much last season. And thankfully my sister in-law didn't kill herself on that fall, clean up in aisle 3! Now I hope it dumps so more so I can get up there again Monday, hopefully without the 4 hour return trip.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Fun morning for me. The afternoon on the other hand...

After lunch I started to feel wicked sick and tired, but figured I could ski it off, that didn't work out too well. By the last few runs it was a struggle for me to link 5 turns together without being completely exhausted. Before leaving I left a nice puddle of puke in one of the drop of parking spots.

Not trying to make up excuses but that horrible wipeout was completely because of how crappy I felt. I was too tired to turn, so I got way too much speed, then didn't have enough energy to recover after becoming off balance. Probably my worst wipeout ever. I really hope someone caught it on video though...

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Fun morning for me. The afternoon on the other hand...

After lunch I started to feel wicked sick and tired, but figured I could ski it off, that didn't work out too well. By the last few runs it was a struggle for me to link 5 turns together without being completely exhausted. Before leaving I left a nice puddle of puke in one of the drop of parking spots.

Not trying to make up excuses but that horrible wipeout was completely because of how crappy I felt. I was too tired to turn, so I got way too much speed, then didn't have enough energy to recover after becoming off balance. Probably my worst wipeout ever. I really hope someone caught it on video though...
    Wow... you were starting too look a bit pale over lunch, but I attributed that to the topics being discussed by Marc and Justin. Maybe that $3 hotdog was the issue?

I hope this is lesson learned for you... stop skiing so fast and try to stay in control.

Bummer Austin. Hope you're feeling better today.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Brian has been running nonstop for a few days now. He'll get it up when he's actually home. Seriously... I haven't seen much of him since Wed. And he's at work at Sundown right now. I bet he'll have it up tonight, if our littlest one cooperates.
    Call him and tell him to get more lifts going over there! I just got back from Sundown and the place was getting packed and they were only running one triple.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Call him and tell him to get more lifts going over there! I just got back from Sundown and the place was getting packed and they were only running one triple.
    how was it? did they groom it out completely or leave any trails alone

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Oh gosh, don't tell me that! I have to be there at 6PM for my shift!

They may not have the other triple running because Gunbarrel isn't open yet. I'll ask when he gets home.... his shift ended at 3PM.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Here are a few pictures of the group at the 5 fingers tower...that was the last time we were all together and the last pics i took. Waiting on wipeout video to be approved on YouTube....
    I need SNOW!!!!

Yardsale at Hunter

Clean up on aisle 3!! You ski hard, you fall hard. Oh well....i'm feeling it today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-gfOhqZHDc

I have no idea how to upload the video to here...but heres the link. If anyone wants to put the actual video in here, be my guest
    I need SNOW!!!!

Thread Information