• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/14/2007

MRGisevil

Had a great time at Hunter Friday! Great to see so many AZers for the first time and put some faces and names together. Snow was great all day. Tough ride, especially home, just a long way.Wore me out I took the rest of the w/e off! Bad me! I'll have to make it up during the week when the wind calms down...........
Shout out to Greg "the pied piper" for plannig this!
Wa-Loaf for putting up for over six hours in a car with my buds and me! Not to mention the making me look bad skiing part! This guys is good!
Hawkshot for getting us some early Claires' - thanks for everything Hawk!
2Knees, Powhunter, Johnnypoach, Ta&idaho, great to ski with you madmen! Should have spent more time with you. Hope to some day!
Here's one pic atop the Claires cutover - left to right, reefers gloves, Hawkshot99, Chris, Ta&idaho (this guy skis like the wind also - lawyers.........), Wa-Loaf!

Hey, what's up w/calling me a troublemaker! I'm not that tricksy ;)

wa-loaf

Wa-Loaf for putting up for over six hours in a car with my buds and me! Not to mention the making me look bad skiing part! This guys is good!

Ha, you guys were a blast! I'd do it again. And thanks, but everyone was really good. It's great to ski with so many awesome skiers.

Greg

Staff member

Ta&idaho (this guy skis like the wind also - lawyers.........)

Ha, you guys were a blast! I'd do it again. And thanks, but everyone was really good. It's great to ski with so many awesome skiers.

Ta&idaho and wa-loaf were two of the skiers that went to Hunter that I haven't skied with yet. Both these guys rip. The few runs I did with the (2knees/powhunter/jonnypoach) and the (reefer/wa-loaf/Ta&idaho) crews before lunch were some of my favorites. Ripping up Minya and Cliff/Ike with them was fun!

reefer

Hey, what's up w/calling me a troublemaker! I'm not that tricksy ;)

It all pertained to that post "should I stay or should I go" thing with Mr. Evil. Only joking around of course. Glad to meet you, even though it was quick, glad to see you and guys out there. We'll have to hitch up again some time and take a few runs. There was so many AZers around my head was spinning.............I'll look for any event postings and you do the same. I'm heading form Route 2 north on 91 all the time and would gladly share a ride with the Evils'......................

MRGisevil

It all pertained to that post "should I stay or should I go" thing with Mr. Evil. Only joking around of course. Glad to meet you, even though it was quick, glad to see you and guys out there. We'll have to hitch up again some time and take a few runs. There was so many AZers around my head was spinning.............I'll look for any event postings and you do the same. I'm heading form Route 2 north on 91 all the time and would gladly share a ride with the Evils'......................

I'm just joshin' ya... besides, I am a bit of an instigator... :p I'll keep a lookout!

ta&idaho

Ta&idaho and wa-loaf were two of the skiers that went to Hunter that I haven't skied with yet. Both these guys rip. The few runs I did with the (2knees/powhunter/jonnypoach) and the (reefer/wa-loaf/Ta&idaho) crews before lunch were some of my favorites. Ripping up Minya and Cliff/Ike with them was fun!

Thanks for the kind words! I spent all day telling myself I needed to learn how to charge the zipper line like you eastcoasters (although my back spent all day saturday telling me otherwise).

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I finally got the video done. I'm not all that happy with how it turned out, but hey, at least I made it. ;)

I apologize that the credits are very hard to read at the end, you can see them better on the higher res version, which is uploading now, I'll post the link tomorrow...

Hey, you didn't get any footage of me! Looks like we're going to have to do it all over again.:smash:

bvibert

Staff member
Hey, you didn't get any footage of me! Looks like we're going to have to do it all over again.:smash:

Maybe if you were out skiing instead of hanging out in the lodge all day I would have been able to get some footage... :roll:

Grassi21

Maybe if you were out skiing instead of hanging out in the lodge all day I would have been able to get some footage... :roll:

Seriously, andy is in the lodge taking conference calls and then expects you to follow him around taking footage to commemorate his day. What nerve... ;-)

Good seeing you again andy. Let's use those Big Lift Cards often this season. :beer:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Seriously, andy is in the lodge taking conference calls and then expects you to follow him around taking footage to commemorate his day. What nerve... ;-)

Good seeing you again andy. Let's use those Big Lift Cards often this season. :beer:

Hey, I'm happy to say that conference call came out on the slopes with me. That was a first, skiing and working at the same time. Can't complain though, the agreement with my boss was that if I join the conference call, I don't have to use a vacation day! Couldn't argue with that.

bvibert

Staff member
Thank you so much, there will be one happy 11 year old tonight (Shea)!

No problem. I'm just sorry that I didn't get any of Spencer this time, I know he was looking forward to it too...

wa-loaf

You caught my wipe out after the group meet. :-D

I unbuckled my boots while we were all standing there and forgot about it as we skied off. :smash:

MRGisevil

Awesome Brian, thanks for the vid!!!! I've got some of Tim, Sudah and a couple others, I just haven't had any time to put it up yet.... Maybe tonight if no Sundown.

bvibert

Staff member

I unbuckled my boots while we were all standing there and forgot about it as we skied off. :smash:

That was you? I was wondering who that was. I thought about editing it out, but I was too lazy to cut up that clip..

Grassi21

I was trying to figure out who that was....

wa-loaf

That was you? I was wondering who that was. I thought about editing it out, but I was too lazy to cut up that clip..

Just checked out the hi-res. Definitely me. And it's the only video you got of me . . .:oops:

Greg

Staff member
I finally got the video done. I'm not all that happy with how it turned out, but hey, at least I made it. ;)

I apologize that the credits are very hard to read at the end, you can see them better on the higher res version, which is uploading now, I'll post the link tomorrow...

Higher Res ~31MB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_JCRZkR_0I

Awesome! Great job Brian. You definitely captured the spirit of the day. Thanks for doing that.