• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/14/2007

bvibert

Staff member
Just checked out the hi-res. Definitely me. And it's the only video you got of me . . .:oops:

I tried to get as many people as I could. Unfortunately most of the AZers were much faster than I was, so a lot of the footage is of the folks that ski a a more human like pace. ;)

I was just happy that I got as many of you guys coming down from the meeting spot as I did..

bvibert

Staff member
You totally changed the music from the last time I saw it! Nice job! Sorry you had to stay up so late to finish it. :oops:

Yeah, this was actually the music that I had originally picked out before going off on another tangent. The other idea was kinda cool, I might still try to put together the other version just for fun..

2knees

nice work brian. appreciate the time and effort.

The two huck-leberries. Austin and DH04 i presume. How do you walk after dropping 12 feet or so onto such a flat surface? You guys are freakin nuts.

cant believe how many people were at the original meeting spot.

good work on the earlier part where you sped it up catching a bunch of people at once. Its interesting to see all the different styles of skiing. Some prefer the short radius, some the gs turns and a couple just dont turn. mustve been austin.

awf170

The two huck-leberries. Austin and DH04 i presume. How do you walk after dropping 12 feet or so onto such a flat surface? You guys are freakin nuts.

I'm a teenager and don't weigh anything. DH04 on the other hand, I don't know. He's probably just nuts.

cant believe how many people were at the original meeting spot.

good work on the earlier part where you sped it up catching a bunch of people at once. Its interesting to see all the different styles of skiing. Some prefer the short radius, some the gs turns and a couple just dont turn. mustve been austin.

Probably Koreshot too. I turn every once in a while...

Edit: That actually was Koreshot not me, (I went by to the right at the very beginning)

BTW: So when are you getting up to MRG? The bumps are amazing right now. You would be in heaven. (yes, I will keep heckling you until you finally make the trip)

Greg

Staff member
Pat looking rad on the bump skis starting at 1:58. Makes the crouching tiger that follows him look particularly lame... :roll: :oops: Austin - you can see the start of your infamous Minya wipe-out at 2:32.

downhill04

Actually I am not walking very well after that. I got the riot act from my knee surgeon yesterday. I went in to see him because I haven’t been able to put pressure on the knee I had scoped. He told me I need to learn how to take it easy. He wasn’t amused when I told him to schedule me for a second scope after ski season because I don’t know how to take it easy :smile:

Greg

Staff member
Actually I am not walking very well after that. I got the riot act from my knee surgeon yesterday. I went in to see him because I haven’t been able to put pressure on the knee I had scoped. He told me I need to learn how to take it easy. He wasn’t amused when I told him to schedule me for a second scope after ski season because I don’t know how to take it easy :smile:

Are you and 2knees related?

downhill04

I'm a teenager and don't weigh anything. DH04 on the other hand, I don't know. He's probably just nuts.

I may not be a teenager anymore but I sure as hell feel like one when I slap a pair of skis to the bottom of my feet. But you are right I probably am nuts :)

downhill04

Brian thanks for taking to time for this vid. I love how we are all skiing at what looks like 90mph leaving the meeting place. I was like damn we are fast!!

bvibert

Staff member
Brian thanks for taking to time for this vid. I love how we are all skiing at what looks like 90mph leaving the meeting place. I was like damn we are fast!!

I was hoping you guys were going to leave in a bigger group, or at least not spaced so far apart. The resulting clip is a bit slow in spots, but I didn't want to cut it up for continuity sake. Speeding it up helps move it along and matches the music better anyway..

Glad you guys are liking it!

It's too bad that the day was somewhat overcast which made for some dark and/or grainy shots. It didn't help that I had a giant finger print on the lens the entire time either. :smash:

Greg

Staff member
Glad you guys are liking it!

It's too bad that the day was somewhat overcast which made for some dark and/or grainy shots. It didn't help that I had a giant finger print on the lens the entire time either. :smash:

Bah...It looks great. And again, it captured the vibe nicely.

koreshot

The best part about Hunter on the 14th was that Eric "Hojo" Hjorleifson made a surprise appearance. I had no idea he was an AZer.

hjorfire.jpg

team_25_image_1.jpg

Oh wait... that was Austin.

2knees

I turn every once in a while...

yeah i know, quite well actually. just bustin your stones.

BTW: So when are you getting up to MRG? The bumps are amazing right now. You would be in heaven. (yes, I will keep heckling you until you finally make the trip)

Jan 11 on the mrg thing. cant wait.

dmc

The video..

Firstly... I was glad to make the video - as the sole representation of snowboarders... :)

Second.... Clutch friggin rocks... well done...

bvibert

Staff member
The video..

Firstly... I was glad to make the video - as the sole representation of snowboarders... :)

Second.... Clutch friggin rocks... well done...

I was glad I was finally able to get a little footage of you boarding too. I had to work quickly to get the camera out just to get as much as I did.

I'm not a big music person, but I heard Clutch's 10001110101 on Sirius a bunch of times and thought it was pretty kick ass and that some of their stuff might be good for skiing vids. So when searching for instruementals I grabbed WYSIWYG. I plan on trying some of their other stuff as well. Look for a longer cut of WYSIWYG in a future movie too, I originally had it earmarked to use in my season video that I haven't gotten around to finishing...

dmc

I have Clutch in the rotation on the IPod when I ride...

1000111010 rocks...