• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/14/2007

JimG.

Staff member
Another thing I noticed is the boots, 180 looks like they are flexed more. This is something I adjusted last season; getting the cuff more forward and dialed in a softer flex. It feels like I'm getting more control on the front and can make a faster turn.

Ankle=balance.

I talk about fore/aft flex alot when discussing boots. I believe alot of skiers choose boots that are too stiff.

Lateral flex bad...fore/aft flex good.

Greg

Staff member
I finally got the video done. I'm not all that happy with how it turned out, but hey, at least I made it. ;)

I apologize that the credits are very hard to read at the end, you can see them better on the higher res version.

Higher Res ~31MB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_JCRZkR_0I

This gathering seems like a million years ago now, but I rewatched this video again for the first time since a few days after it was posted. Really cool. I forgot how much fun that day was. A ton of AZers!

It would be nice if we could do a weekend gathering at Hunter sometime this season..For me Hunter isn't worth a vacation day..lol..doh

Does it really matter? You run out of gas after about 2 hours anyway. :lol:

Haha...just ragging on you man..At Blue mountain on a few crowded weekends..I quit after 2 hours when the crowds become unbearable..not due to lack of gas..

Greg

Staff member
Haha...just ragging on you man..At Blue mountain on a few crowded weekends..I quit after 2 hours when the crowds become unbearable..not due to lack of gas..

I'm just bustin' too, but I do recall a lot of early afternoon stops during your little jaunt in Vermont last month. What up wit dat? :blink: Like madskier says, "gotta go till the final shot is fired..."

I'm just bustin' too, but I do recall a lot of early afternoon stops during your little jaunt in Vermont last month. What up wit dat? :blink: Like madskier says, "gotta go till the final shot is fired..."

Because I start my day at 8:00AM and don't stop..I like empty early runs..and getting lots of laps in before the masses descend..If I skied in a large group stopping at the middle of the run to film and stopping at the bottom to wait for the slowpokes..I'd last longer..but I like to ski nonstop..and when I'm beat..I'm beat....I go by the old poker adage..quit when your ahead and cash in your chips..to avoid getting myself injured on that..."Last run" at 3:55PM in flat light..

Greg

Staff member
Because I start my day at 8:00AM and don't stop..I like empty early runs..and getting lots of laps in before the masses descend..If I skied in a large group stopping at the middle of the run to film and stopping at the bottom to wait for the slowpokes..I'd last longer..but I like to ski nonstop..and when I'm beat..I'm beat....I go by the old poker adage..quit when your ahead and cash in your chips..to avoid getting myself injured on that..."Last run" at 3:55PM in flat light..

I stand corrected then. You truly are radical.

I stand corrected then. You truly are radical.

Hell yeah..I skied 8 runs off the 6-pack at Blue mountain in 56 minutes..8400 vert..I love it..go go go go..can't nobody take my pride..can't nobody slow me down..oh no..I've got to keep on moving..

O.K. time to bump some old threads..Yeah..

JimG.

Staff member

wimp

highpeaksdrifter

Real skiers are there for opening bell..

As much as I hate agreeing with him I have to here. I've never understood why people would rather stay in bed when they can ski what is usually (Except sometimes in spring) the best snow of the day. Trails are uncrowded as are liftlines. Plus when you get to the mountain theres great parking to be had and not alot of people in the cafeteria.

I'm always ther 7:45 at the latest.

dmc

I'm in no rush to get out unless there's a dump or the chance of a corn cycle..

Even out west...

I'm in no rush to get out unless there's a dump or the chance of a corn cycle..

Even out west...

At Jackson Hole I'm in line for first Gondola 25 minutes before it opens..when it's not a powder day...

Blue mountain opens at 7:30AM on a weekend and I'm there at 7:10AM..and I have perfected the art of throwing down my skis and stepping into them in less than 8 seconds..I take my skiing seriously..and I like having empty early AM runs in..