Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/14/2007

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Video Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/14/2007

Date(s) Skied: Friday, 12/14/2007, 8:45 am - 3:45 pm

Resort or Ski Area: Hunter Mountain, New York

Conditions: Tacky powder, some bumps, hard pack. Cloudy, relatively calm, temps in the 30's.

Trip Report: The Hunter 12/14 gathering was a success! The mountain picked up about 8" of snow from the storm that seemed to settle and set up a bit overnight. Still great skiing. Run of the day for me was Minya.

Great to meet everyone today. The crowd at the five fingers was nuts. Huge group - somewhere in the 20's. When I get some time I'll try to do a count. I hope those that traveled some distance had a good time. I'll elaborate more later, but I wanted to get the discussion going.

Much to the dismay of 180's boys, I didn't take any video. The skiing was too much fun to try and set up with a group this large. Great day. I'll post more later. I'm shot.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Damn, you don't waste any time. FYI, the ole legs hurting after skiing with you, 2knees and posse! Guess I picked the wrong crew to start the morning with. After that, it was a conference call with work and the next crew I run into is Marc, Austin, friends who were just looking for rocks and cliffs to jump off. These old legs ain't ready for that yet, but it was good seeing everyone.

Great day for sure today. Got there later then i hoped but par for the course for me. Saw andyzee getting off the lift behind me and then powhunter and johnnypoach. Hit minay i think first run which ended up being the best run. Cliffs was pretty good too. Ike was fun and even ducked into the woods, skiers right, for a short shot. One really nice but really short bump line setup by early afternoon on Minya. Right up against the left hand side. Last run down i made some kinda bobble and thought i was going off into the woods. scared the sh*t outta myself.

Nice to ski with some new people today as well as the usual suspects. Reefer, Wa-loaf, TA&Idaho (M. i'm guessing that is your screen name but i only caught your real name) and Reefers buddy. All EXCELLENT skiers. Nice to get a verbal tour of the hunter backcountry by DMC on a couple of lift rides. Looks real interesting. All in all a very fun day, but way too short for me. I gotta start gettin my ass out of bed quicker.

ohhh and i just wanted to add that Austin took one hell of a wipeout. 2 perfect 10's but the russian judge gives you an 8.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    ohhh and i just wanted to add that Austin took one hell of a wipeout. 2 perfect 10's but the russian judge gives you an 8.
    Ah, you're wipeout wasn't too shabby either Can you say face plant?

But, the queen of wipeouts was Krisski, girl, you better get that vid up online!

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Ah, you're wipeout wasn't too shabby either Can you say face plant?

But, the queen of wipeouts was Krisski, girl, you better get that vid up online!
    lol yeah that was a beauty too but by now, havent you come to expect that out of me?

that was a HUGE group at the fingers!

Favorite run of the day for me was Claire's. Spent lots of time with Reefer, TaIdaho, WaLoaf and Reefer's friends. Lot of fun with you guys, too bad I had to leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    lol yeah that was a beauty too but by now, havent you come to expect that out of me?

Why yes I have!

Great day! Nice to put some faces to names. Had a blast skiing with everyone. Poaching the little bit of pow on Clairs in the morning was a blast, thanks to Hawkshot for getting us to the goods. We lost track of everyone after lunch but discovered Drop In that had really great snow and wasn't scratched off in the afternoon. Lots of fantastic skiers.

Loong trip home, didn't get in until 8:30!
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Good day today.. Got out around 10...
    Cool to see some new faces! Minya seemed to be the call of the day.. Great to see everyone ripping that line.
    Austin - I was jumping off a rock all day on Bleeker Street coming down to Eisenhower.

Sucked the quad wasn't open...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Thread Information