• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/14/2007

awf170

Wow... you were starting too look a bit pale over lunch, but I attributed that to the topics being discussed by Marc and Justin. Maybe that $3 hotdog was the issue?

I hope this is lesson learned for you... stop skiing so fast and try to stay in control. :oops:

Nope, I'm used to Marc and Justin's conversations by now. Speaking of that have you watched that video yet?

Bummer Austin. Hope you're feeling better today.

Yeah, I feel pretty good now. Just a 24 hour bug.

Clean up on aisle 3!! You ski hard, you fall hard. Oh well....i'm feeling it today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-gfOhqZHDc

I have no idea how to upload the video to here...but heres the link. If anyone wants to put the actual video in here, be my guest :)

That was my wipe-out? That video quality is pretty low and I can't actually remember how I went down.

2knees

Clean up on aisle 3!! You ski hard, you fall hard. Oh well....i'm feeling it today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-gfOhqZHDc

I have no idea how to upload the video to here...but heres the link. If anyone wants to put the actual video in here, be my guest :)

looks like the face plant was the fall of choice yesterday. had a couple myself.

the yelp right before was a nice touch too.

krisskis

That was my wipe-out? That video quality is pretty low and I can't actually remember how I went down.[/QUOTE]

Haha...no that was MY wipeout...looks like faceplants were called for that day.

And that was me yelping...i think i was actually trying to say "oh sh*t"

MRGisevil

That was my wipe-out? That video quality is pretty low and I can't actually remember how I went down.

And that was me yelping...i think i was actually trying to say "oh sh*t"[/QUOTE]

You took it like a champ, Kris!

Grassi21

Great meeting some new AZers. And as usual, great skiing with the rest of the AZers I've met before.

I enjoyed Hunter last year. Seeing more of the mountain yesterday has me pumped to get back there a few times this season. I like Ike! Had fun on that run. Just wish I did more runs on it before lunch.

Legs felt OK when I woke up. The knock out punch was ripping out 550 sq ft of parkay floor in two hours this morning.

ssudha17

Wonderful day at Hunter!!! Hope you are feeling better Kris. Did meet a huge group and then lost a bunch of folks on the slopes!! Wonderful snow and great time with the AZ group. Got to meet some great skiers and get some pointers to work on.

bvibert

Staff member
Uh Brian. Wheres that video of Shea skiing down Minya Konka? It says you got it. Where is it or have you not posted it yet and are working on it? Let me know.

So it was Shea. I wasn't sure if it was him or Spenser. I hope to get the video off the camera in a little while, as long as my son cooperates.. As my wife said, I've been running non-stop for a few days now, so I hope you can forgive me for not having it up right away.. ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Call him and tell him to get more lifts going over there!;-) I just got back from Sundown and the place was getting packed and they were only running one triple.

You must have left early. I think I had the other triple running by like 10:30, maybe even earlier...

krisskis

:lol: You suck. ;-)

That was last year's AZ gathering.

Haha Grassi!! That was a classic...especially from far away we look like twins with the same jackets on!! I do believe mine is a better wipe out though :)
I was wondering if you actually got up and ripped out that floor yesterday morning...good job. I feel like i had the crap beat out of me...self medicating with motrin...now if i could just get my xmas tree decorated i will be set.

krisskis

And that was me yelping...i think i was actually trying to say "oh sh*t"

You took it like a champ, Kris![/QUOTE]

Thanks MRG...when i realized i retained all my appendages, i was cracking up...helmet was up the hill, skis everywhere, snow in my ears...i was a mess....Slug says "holy crap, are you ok??" Sure, i say...."im fabulous!!!" as i shake the snow out of everywhere... :)

Grassi21

Haha Grassi!! That was a classic...especially from far away we look like twins with the same jackets on!! I do believe mine is a better wipe out though :)
I was wondering if you actually got up and ripped out that floor yesterday morning...good job. I feel like i had the crap beat out of me...self medicating with motrin...now if i could just get my xmas tree decorated i will be set.

the floor had to come out. floor guy showed up at noon and was done by 3 pm. did a great job.

koreshot

Nope, I'm used to Marc and Justin's conversations by now. Speaking of that have you watched that video yet?

Unfortunately, yes. And it was horrible. Marc is a twisted, disgusting excuse of a human being for recommending this to me. They weren't even pretty...

So it was Shea. I wasn't sure if it was him or Spenser. I hope to get the video off the camera in a little while, as long as my son cooperates.. As my wife said, I've been running non-stop for a few days now, so I hope you can forgive me for not having it up right away.. ;)

Brian,
Shea is a little anxious, especially after seeing Spencer in a couple already.

Great to see the crowd enjoy my home mountain. I just got home, still snowing when I left. What a weekend, they got Clairs, Racers and Upper X Over open today.

bvibert

Staff member
Brian,

Great to see the crowd enjoy my home mountain. I just got home, still snowing when I left. What a weekend, they got Clairs, Racers and Upper X Over open today.

I hope Shea can wait another day. I'm almost done, just trying to fit some music and other finishing touches. I did get some good footage, and I'm even leaving out the part where he falls... ;)

Getting Claires, Racer's and Upper X Over is really impressive considering how they looked on Friday. Once again Hunter's snow making power shines. :D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Brian,

I hope Shea can wait another day. I'm almost done, just trying to fit some music and other finishing touches. I did get some good footage, and I'm even leaving out the part where he falls... ;)

Getting Claires, Racer's and Upper X Over is really impressive considering how they looked on Friday. Once again Hunter's snow making power shines. :D
He's honestly working on it! The poor guy was falling asleep at the computer last night after a long day visiting his family. :D