• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jiminy Peak

Greg

Staff member
Ya know, Jiminy (like Loon) seems to get slammed alot on many ski forums, but I personally like the place alot. It's got some decent pitch for the Berkshires and if it isn't crowded, you can get a ton of skiing in off that 6-pack. Mid-season, if the crowds get bad, you can head over to the Q1 or Widow's quad.

With that said, it still look like the main summit runs will be North Glade to 360/Slingshot or West Way/Grand Slam; essentially the same stuff they've had open for the past few weeks. I think it's a decent half day terrain offering for the area. In fact, I was going to head up there the day after Thanksgiving if all that rain didn't force them to close the terrain from the summit.

So...I would say if you have 3-4 hours available that you would like to spend skiing this weekend, Jiminy is a good option for southern New England...

Pennskier

Thanks for the tip

Thanks Greg, Well me and my buddy are dying to get on the slopes so we're heading out saturday. We live outside Phily but it is wirth it to us just to get our skis wet. Thank again

Greg

Staff member
Re: Thanks for the tip

Pennskier said:
Thanks Greg, Well me and my buddy are dying to get on the slopes so we're heading out saturday. We live outside Phily but it is wirth it to us just to get our skis wet. Thank again
Awesome! Some passionate PA skiers willing to drive all the way to little 'ole Jiminy Peak for some early season turns! Gotta love it. Please post a trip report. Have fun! 8)

jimme

Don't hold me to this, but this AM's forcast for the Albany area was a dusting to 2" of snow. It's possible Jiminy might pick up some of this.

So far there was only a squall so we'll see what this afternoon brings.

Jimme

freeheelwilly

Head up to the Face! Should have 4-5" new by tomorrow and, not to knock JP which isn't a bad place, for the extra 90 mins to two hours in the car, it's a lot more skiin'! or for that matter, hit Gore. 'bout the same drive time and it's a lot more mountain.

jimme

Some r*** showers went through the Albany area around 2:00 so I can only hope that higher elevations saw snow.