• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camelback water pack

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah the cleaning kits work good. They come with cleaning tablets that fizz up to clean everything out. they're supposedly the same thing as denture cleaning tablets, which can be bought for a lot cheap than they sell the Camelback cleaning tablets for. Just make sure you don't get any that are flavored, don't ask me how I know... The kit also comes with a couple of brushes, one of them is long and skinny which is helpful for cleaning out the tube..

roark

I just run some sanitizing solution (usually iodine based) reserved from santizing the homebrew fermenter through whenever I think of it.

And I do blow it back on very cold days to prevent freezing. Would you like a sip?

SKIQUATTRO

i had it under my jacket once and the hose unconnected from the bladder some how and i had a gallon of water flowing down and UNDER my ski pants...luckly i had backup gear in the lodge...wear you camel back on the outside and just blow the water back into the bladder

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I had a bite valve fall off while on the lift once. Somehow, I was actually able to catch it before it hit the ground. Still had water flowing everywhere.

For the record, on the coldest of cold days, the blowback it the only thing that works.

ajl50

And contrary to the advice of some, do not blow back into the tube to keep it from freezing. That's just gross.

it may be gross but its the only way I kept my camel pack hose from freezing while hiking in the dacks this fall. When it's 9 degrees and I want water I'll deal with the side effects.

Hawkshot99

it may be gross but its the only way I kept my camel pack hose from freezing while hiking in the dacks this fall. When it's 9 degrees and I want water I'll deal with the side effects.

Plus its only my spit.

The blow back technique works great. Or, in my new camelback pack I can put a hand warmer in with the hose, and this worked good.

wa-loaf

Whats the difference on the insulated stuff? just doesn't freeze in the cold or what?

Ahh, more like less likely to freeze, but yes. The tube has an insulated cover and is usually routed through the shoulder strap as well.