• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Can anyone Identify these Bindings?

BeanoNYC

Got some used skis on Ebay and am awaiting delivery. They're obviously demos bindings, but trying to figure out what kind. I'm thinking Hawkshot or another tech may be able to help. Questions to follow after identification. ;)

47b7cc05b3127cceb37cd7aa616c00000025108EZt2bFq5c6

bvibert

Staff member
Looks like some sort of Tyrolia binding to me, but then again I don't really know what I'm talking about either... ;)

BeanoNYC

Looks like some sort of Tyrolia binding to me, but then again I don't really know what I'm talking about either... ;)

I'm hoping they are the Tyrolia railflex demos that are adjustable forward and back. If not, then I hope they are mounted back as I don't intend on using these in the park. They seem to be mounted farther back though.

another look:

47b7cc05b3127cceb37e894f213e00000025108EZt2bFq5c6

bvibert

Staff member
I don't know if they're railflex (don't look it to me), but they're definitely demo bindings with adjustable heel and toe pieces. You should be able to get some amount of fore and aft adjustment as long your BSL is in the middle of their adjustment. I have some demos on a pair of skis, but my BSL requires the toe to be all the way forward for my boot to fit so I have no fore adjustment to play with but I'm pretty sure I could move the toe back to set the boot more aft if I wanted too..

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
Looks a lot like these that are on my Blizzard Sigma SL's (3rd from left). Tyrolia demos SP120, DIN 4-12. Mine are on a riser. Both the toe and heel pieces adjust. The toe position changes when you set the middle calibrations to your boot sole length by sliding that gray colored plastic piece towards the right. The heel slides and sets by simply grabbing a thumb & forefinger lever under the moving part, no tools needed. What was your winning bid?
100_2261-vi.jpg

BeanoNYC

Looks a lot like these that are on my Blizzard Sigma SL's (3rd from left). Tyrolia demos SP120, DIN 4-12. Mine are on a riser. Both the toe and heel pieces adjust. The toe position changes when you set the middle calibrations to your boot sole length by sliding that gray colored plastic piece towards the right. The heel slides and sets by simply grabbing a thumb & forefinger lever under the moving part, no tools needed. What was your winning bid?
100_2261-vi.jpg

I think we have a winner. I found a pdf of the tyrolia tech manual online and that really confirms it. Thanks. Winning bid was 250. These don't adjust fore and aft, though...do they?

BeanoNYC

You turning into a jibber?

Nah...just wanted something wider and more playful. Demoed a pair a week ago in the powder and loved them. More forgiving than my ac3's, for sure. Upon further inspection, I think they're the sp130's (grey casing as opposed to black)

thinnmann

Website
I think we have a winner. I found a pdf of the tyrolia tech manual online and that really confirms it. Thanks. Winning bid was 250. These don't adjust fore and aft, though...do they?

$250 - not bad. Being severely cheap, I try to keep eBay buys under $200 for new stuff....

Yes, both toe and heel pieces are adjustable. You can use the suggested position or play around with your BOF/centering point if you want.

thinnmann

Website
Nah...just wanted something wider and more playful. Demoed a pair a week ago in the powder and loved them. More forgiving than my ac3's, for sure. Upon further inspection, I think they're the sp130's (grey casing as opposed to black)

130's might give you one higher DIN setting. Seems like binding numbers often match the DIN range lately.

BeanoNYC

$250 - not bad. Being severely cheap, I try to keep eBay buys under $200 for new stuff....

Yes, both toe and heel pieces are adjustable. You can use the suggested position or play around with your BOF/centering point if you want.

Thanks for all the help...yeah $250 was my limit. I actually thought I was going to be outbid. I was hoping to come closer to 200, but I hadn't seen any PE's in 169 go for less. They were free of any major damage too. Besides I just sold a pair of skis I never use on Ebay a few days before for 150, so I look at it as a $100 exchange. When I get them, I'll let you know for sure. I may need you to hold my hand on the adjustments, even though I just downloaded the instruction manual.

BeanoNYC

Hitting the egg nog a bit early are we?

Early? Actually I'm hitting the cough syrup laced with Hydrocodone the doc gave to me. I haven't felt this good since the days immediately following my shoulder operation! How's Violetta feeling? I feel like a heel for not asking sooner.