• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 12/22 last powder day

Ski Resort: Hunter Mountain

Date: December 22, 2007

Conditions: Powder, pp, loose powder, hp

Weather: Temps near 30’s, clouds overtaking early sun.

Trip Report: What a great day. Loose powder all over the trails. Not too many bumps except the zipper line from the team on Broadway. Too bad the conditins did not last. Spent the day off piste. You'll see why I prefer 44 to Purna in the pictures. No crowds. I skied, CPN, Lower K27, 44, Purna and the the Highlands. All on my fat skis. Hit a few rocks, but nothing major.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sheahunter1/HunterDec222007

Pictures:
Clouds coming from the south over Hunter Mountain proper, Central Park North off E lift, was not open last year. This is alway good for some secret powder. (4) pictures of lower 44 (Westway).

millerm277

Nice pics...

Now I wish I'd made it over to 44...at least I got to hit Lower K27 a bunch of times though.

Were you hiking, or was the E running? Also, did you try Lower Taylor's?

E was running. It didn't run at all last year. Lower Taylors was still had the crust on it. 44 had drifted a little.. Seems like they didn't mow as well this year.