• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Intellicast Radar

twinplanx

I just gota do it...:bump:

It sure seems to be taking elevation into account as of right now

Last edited:

drjeff

the mix is movin further south than I thought it was gunna

Based on what I've been seeing all day so far, I'm guessing that my ride tommorrow PM to Mount Snow may have 3 distinct segments. The 1st 35 miles from my house in CT upto the I-84/Mass Pike interchange where it looks like it's mainly going to be all UNFROZEN liquid. The middle 70 or so miles on the Mass Pike/I-91 where it looks like it could be a freezing rain disaster zone and then the last 35 or so miles to Mount Snow where it looks like it will be sleet/snow fest - gotta remember to pack extra snacks for the kids tommorrow as it looks like it might be a LONG ride

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Based on what I've been seeing all day so far, I'm guessing that my ride tommorrow PM to Mount Snow may have 3 distinct segments. The 1st 35 miles from my house in CT upto the I-84/Mass Pike interchange where it looks like it's mainly going to be all UNFROZEN liquid. The middle 70 or so miles on the Mass Pike/I-91 where it looks like it could be a freezing rain disaster zone and then the last 35 or so miles to Mount Snow where it looks like it will be sleet/snow fest - gotta remember to pack extra snacks for the kids tommorrow as it looks like it might be a LONG ride
You are the eternal optimist, I hope for your sake you are correct. It's looking to me like you may only see white at the upper elevations, with a very wet base. Not certain I would make the effort. The pounding rain against the windows kept waking me all night.

drjeff

You are the eternal optimist, I hope for your sake you are correct. It's looking to me like you may only see white at the upper elevations, with a very wet base. Not certain I would make the effort. The pounding rain against the windows kept waking me all night.

Yup, I try and see the glass as 1/2 full. I'm going up to Mount Snow anyway for the weekend. How long I spend on the hill each day will be a TBD thing after a first hadn damage assessment :eek:

Greg

Staff member
Looks like snow's going to get to western CT a little earlier than tomorrow.

There is going to be a lot of virga at the outset of this storm. Sounds like it's supposed to really get started late morning.

The heaviest bands look like they're still a couple of hours from hitting Vermont. If that's the case, we should do very well, even this far north.

It looks like this is a storm where Sugarbush will receive more snowfall than Stowe since it's 30 miles South..and closer to the heaviest bands which are supposed to be along I-90..

twinplanx

works pretty good on my itouch/iPhone
As I understand it has a full blown SAfari browser

Some sites have a mobile specific website. WeatherUnderground works really well on my phone(LGshine) but the radar on that site leaves something to be desired. As you may be able to see I'd like to be able to view this page on my phone. Thanx for any help...