• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 3/16/2008

Paul

Uhm...Tim....yes it is?

If you got the camera from your camera thread, then Tim is correct. It has a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) But is not HD (High Definition, 1050 lines of resolution)

I believe Chris is referring to High-Def, as he mentions television spots. If anyone has a HD camera, I have HD editing software.

bvibert

Staff member
Not sure yet. I am a little bumded that the upper kicker is the full width of the course. It means I cannot go around it. :angry:

I have a hard enough time landing off of small 1 to 2 foot jumps.

The upper jump that runs the width of the trail is more of roller, very easy to just ski over. I believe they are going to add some lips (they may have already) to add some pop, but I doubt they'll go all the way across...

Just enter, it'll be fun either way! :D

bvibert

Staff member
Not sure yet. I am a little bumded that the upper kicker is the full width of the course. It means I cannot go around it. :angry:

I have a hard enough time landing off of small 1 to 2 foot jumps.

BTW, if a big oaf such as myself can land these things, then a ninja such as yourself should have no problems. ;)

MR. evil

BTW, if a big oaf such as myself can land these things, then a ninja such as yourself should have no problems. ;)

Contrary to popular belief, us "ninja":roll: like to keep out feet on the ground. And when they do leave the ground it is becuase someone threw my a$$.

I bet I would have the most gracefull fall off the kicker, is there a prize for that?

bvibert

Staff member
Contrary to popular belief, us "ninja":roll: like to keep out feet on the ground. And when they do leave the ground it is becuase someone threw my a$$.
Yeah, but you gotta have pretty good balance, no? That's something that I don't posses much of...

I bet I would have the most gracefull fall off the kicker, is there a prize for that?

Well, it couldn't be any less graceful than my face plant off the lower kicker the other night... :eek:

MR. evil

Yeah, but you gotta have pretty good balance, no? That's something that I don't posses much of...

Well, it couldn't be any less graceful than my face plant off the lower kicker the other night... :eek:

I have great balance, but it actually comes back to bite me in the rear when skiing. It is very hard for mw to lean / get my weight foward on skiis becuase I have been trained to stay vertical. In judo or aikido once your balance / center goes forward, backwards or to the side just a little bit you become very easy to throw.

Greg

Staff member
Again, the upper roller jump, while full width, can be skied over without mandatory air.

crank

So I'm coming and bringing my good camera. I spoke to Chris, briefly, he said they would find a place for me to shoot. (I have a prosumer model mini DV, no hi-def.). Hope to meet some of you AZers there. I'll be wearing ancient, yellow Lange TII boots and my Salomon Crossmax Pilot 10's.

Hope we get a nice, warmish day.

2knees

So I'm coming and bringing my good camera. I spoke to Chris, briefly, he said they would find a place for me to shoot. (I have a prosumer model mini DV, no hi-def.). Hope to meet some of you AZers there. I'll be wearing ancient, yellow Lange TII boots and my Salomon Crossmax Pilot 10's.

Hope we get a nice, warmish day.

nice. the az crew should be easy to spot. alot of gray hair, thinning hair and bad legs!

As far as the upper "roller" goes, like greg said, it is totally something you can just ski over. There are 2 defined kickers on it now. You can lauch yourself into the atmosphere if you're not careful with the speed you carry out of that upper line.

Greg

Staff member
There are 2 defined kickers on it now. You can lauch yourself into the atmosphere if you're not careful with the speed you carry out of that upper line.

Did they shovel those in this afternoon?

2knees

Did they shovel those in this afternoon?

not really shoveled in, just two lips higher then the rest of the roller. Both had awesome landings.

I was having alot of trouble getting forward after the landing. i really wish i couldve stayed another couple of hours.

powbmps

Hey, good luck this weekend. Rip it up!

There better be video.

Grassi21

So I've heard of people putting patches on their knees and even spray paint. Some crazy people actually go out and buy bump pants. ;-) Who is going to rock some duct tape Xs on their knees tomorrow?

Greg

Staff member
So I've heard of people putting patches on their knees and even spray paint. Some crazy people actually go out and buy bump pants. ;-) Who is going to rock some duct tape Xs on their knees tomorrow?

:idea: Brian?! :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Weather looks decent. Only going to get down to around 30 tonight. Showery with a high of 44 tomorrow so the bumps should be soft. When is everyone planning on getting there? Depending on whether I think the bumps will be soft early, I might be there as early as 9 am. If it's cold in the morning, I'll wait 60-90 minutes. Registration is 11 am remember!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I think Brian is planning on being there by 10AM. We'll be coming sometime closer to 2PM to watch from the deck (and hopefully the kids behave).

powhunter

were gonna try to get there around 10...my son and my friend from idaho are gonna board and watch...the website said registration is until 12;30.....what are the plans for apre ski??? tailgate party if the weather holds out?? any ideas?? that duct tape idea is insane...i would do 2 Xs on the knees...so far jonnypoach is in the lead with his krylon primer paint on his knees...see ya tomorrow...

steve

Grassi21

what time does the comp start? i will be there, possibly with the mrs and the little one.