• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 3/16/2008

Greg

Staff member
Powhunter
Jonnypoach
bvibert
2knees IN IT TO WIN IT
Greg IN IT TO BEAT 2knees

Grassi21

Powhunter
Jonnypoach
bvibert
2knees IN IT TO WIN IT
Greg IN IT TO BEAT 2knees

I think I will take the MR. evil approach. I want to check out the course, see how my technique is doing at the time of the comp, and def bypass the air. I would be a last minute entry.

highpeaksdrifter

I think I will take the MR. evil approach. I want to check out the course, see how my technique is doing at the time of the comp, and def bypass the air. I would be a last minute entry.

If you don't enter you'll be sorry you didn't after it's over. Those guys will be talking about it all year and you won't be part of it. Trust me Grass I am very wise. :wink: Enter and you'll have no regrets later.

Grassi21

If you don't enter you'll be sorry you didn't after it's over. Those guys will be talking about it all year and you won't be part of it. Trust me Grass I am very wise. :wink: Enter and you'll have no regrets later.

The reason why I am still contemplating this is because of your earlier advice. Regrets are something I don't like to have.

2knees

so true.

HPD, i know its a long way for a little but any chance you can make it?

bvibert

Staff member

Commit NOW!

DO IT!!!

NOW!

I don't think I'll be hitting the kickers, or at least not very well. As long as I make it down the course in one piece I'll be happy, without crashing will be a bonus...

Grassi21

"You're old..."
-Beavis, or was it Butthead?

I didn't remember I gave you earlier advice. Dang it's tuff gettin old.:daffy:

highpeaksdrifter said:
I wish I wasn't so far away, I love bump comps.

Just get in anyway. You'll be a better bumper for it. It's a great experience. Don't worry, not everyone who enters these master comps is a great mogul skier.

It's a great day before, during and after the comp.

Locked thread with original post...

http://forums.alpinezone.com/22171-sundown-bump-competition-interest.html?highlight=sundown+interest

2knees

The details are up. One thing i dont quite understand is the statement i pulled out. so is it one run and done and that score is held up against the entire field? that would mean even if you win, you're done.
Sudden death implies if you lose to your competitor then you dont move forward but if you win you compete head to head until you are the last one standing. But it does say one run for each competitor. anyway, greg or brian if you have a chance could you ask chris for just a little more clarity on that when you have a chance. But what if you lose to your competitor but have a higher score then anyone else? I'm totally confused.

http://www.skisundown.com/events/index.php?action=detail&id=319

Competitors each get one run. Paris compete in a dual course with sudden death format.

Greg

Staff member
The details are up. One thing i dont quite understand is the statement i pulled out. so is it one run and done and that score is held up against the entire field? that would mean even if you win, you're done.
Sudden death implies if you lose to your competitor then you dont move forward but if you win you compete head to head until you are the last one standing. But it does say one run for each competitor. anyway, greg or brian if you have a chance could you ask chris for just a little more clarity on that when you have a chance. But what if you lose to your competitor but have a higher score then anyone else? I'm totally confused.

http://www.skisundown.com/events/index.php?action=detail&id=319

Competitors each get one run. Paris compete in a dual course with sudden death format.

Snowboarders welcome? :blink: That should be interesting...

Dual format is going to be crazy! Gonna be tough to not let your opponent psyche you out too much, i.e. if he pulls ahead you need to not feel compelled to catch up. I read the "one run" thing as lose once and you're done. This is going to be fun. The only thing I'm bummed about is the "19 and older" age bracket. Us 30+ guys are screwed if some 19 year old ripper shows up...

2knees

Snowboarders welcome? :blink: That should be interesting...

Dual format is going to be crazy! Gonna be tough to not let your opponent psyche you out too much, i.e. if he pulls ahead you need to not feel compelled to catch up. I read the "one run" thing as lose once and you're done. This is going to be fun. The only thing I'm bummed about is the "19 and older" age bracket. Us 30+ guys are screwed if some 19 year old ripper shows up...

honestly, i'm not worried about the age thing. call it whatever you want, cause you know i dont have a big head, but i dont think anyone is gonna hit that course much faster than i will. airs, i'll get killed. you should feel the same way.

Greg

Staff member
honestly, i'm not worried about the age thing. call it whatever you want, cause you know i dont have a big head, but i dont think anyone is gonna hit that course much faster than i will. airs, i'll get killed. you should feel the same way.

My approach is going to be to just ski cleanly. Turns are 50% of your score typically. Speed 25% and air 25%. I might be able to fall somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as speed goes, but I don't expect to score highly at all on air. If I can pull off clean single airs like a twister or spread, I'll be happy. Therefore, my best chance at being even remotely competitive is to just ski a consistent clean line and not crash after my feeble ass air attempts... :lol:

I'm really thinking about hitting the Sensation park tonight to get more comfortable with larger air.

Greg

Staff member
I would shoot some vid of that. Guaranteed blooper clips.

You might even get some video of me shedding some tears if I crash and land on my still sore hip... :lol: Might have to bring along the Cabrawlers too after all...

Grassi21

You might even get some video of me shedding some tears if I crash and land on my still sore hip... :lol: Might have to bring along the Cabrawlers too after all...

you've heard of credit card air... i think you invented bamboo pole air. very similar but not as graceful. ;-)

2knees

oh the heck with all this, wheres the trash talking. the bravado. the hip deep b.s. COME ON we need to have some fun with this before hand so when we all crash and burn, we can all rub it in. None of this, i'm just gonna give it my best effort crap.

I'M GONNA KICK ALL YOUR ASSES!!!!!!!!

:flame: :dunce: :beer:

now back to reality. I'm already nervous and its a month away.

Greg

Staff member
I'M GONNA KICK ALL YOUR ASSES!!!!!!!!

:flame: :dunce: :beer:

I'm definitely not going to kick everyone's ass, but I'm sure as hell going to kick yours! :eek:

now back to reality. I'm already nervous and its a month away.

I just can't wait until the course gets seeded to start practicing....

bvibert

Staff member
I dunno about ya'll, but I aim to win and kick all ya'lls ass's. I hope I get some mad steezy award for being the best!