• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 3/16/2008

deadheadskier

Staff member
DUDE! Edgar was the bomb. never hear his name anymore.

probably the most dominant bumper of any era and as good as anyone today in terms of speed and form. It's just the airs today that drops my jaw. Back then inverts weren't even sactioned. Heck I don't think they were when Mosely won and he almost got dq'd with his borderline invert.

today it's anything goes and the stuff they do is mind blowing

bvibert

Staff member
no, i just feel bad for you. You're so backseat you should just strap your skis to the bottom of one of these and let it rip. :lol:

GREGS_CHAIR.JPG

I'm seriously LOL at that one!

Well played sir! :lol:

2knees

probably the most dominant bumper of any era and as good as anyone today in terms of speed and form. It's just the airs today that drops my jaw. Back then inverts weren't even sactioned. Heck I don't think they were when Mosely won and he almost got dq'd with his borderline invert.

today it's anything goes and the stuff they do is mind blowing

they do aerials now that would've qualified in straight aerial comps on the 80's. It's totally sick, i agree.

Greg

Staff member
no, i just feel bad for you. You're so backseat you should just strap your skis to the bottom of one of these and let it rip. :lol:

GREGS_CHAIR.JPG

You're so stiff legged and you hinge so much it looks like you're trying to do deadlifts down the trail:

E2free1.gif

Too bad it hasn't helped your physique at all... :eek:

:lol: ;)

Greg

Staff member
On a serious note...

On a more serious note, the folks at Sundown are trying to line up three judges for the event. Since this is the first comp they've done in a few years, they don't have people immediately on hand. If anyone knows someone (not necessarily a pro; just someone with a good understanding of what to look for) or has any other ideas, let me know.

deadheadskier

Staff member
On a more serious note, the folks at Sundown are trying to line up three judges for the event. Since this is the first comp they've done in a few years, they don't have people immediately on hand. If anyone knows someone (not necessarily a pro; just someone with a good understanding of what to look for) or has any other ideas, let me know.

I would recommend them calling Killington Mountain School.

This really sounds like a fun event, too bad Sundown is a solid five hours from other wise I'd hit it up.

2knees

I would recommend them calling Killington Mountain School.

This really sounds like a fun event, too bad Sundown is a solid five hours from other wise I'd hit it up.

come on down, you can take shit from us in person. i'll put you up at my house. beer and buds on me.

you have to give us some video to work with before hand though. If you're too good, i'll give you directions to the north end of hartford instead of my house. lol

deadheadskier

Staff member
come on down, you can take shit from us in person. i'll put you up at my house. beer and buds on me.

you have to give us some video to work with before hand though. If you're too good, i'll give you directions to the north end of hartford instead of my house. lol

as that were you head to get your buds, Albany Street?

It would be a good time I'm sure....just a bit of a hall for a Sunday event. If it were a Saturday, I'd be all over it.

bvibert

Staff member
Pat sucks at bump skiing so bad that he's trying to find guys who suck even more at it than him to enter, so they make him look better.

Here's a hint Pat; It won't matter how many gapers you get to enter, I'm still gonna kick your ass! You and Greg will be lucky if you even have a chance at 2nd, though I'm fairly sure you'll beat Greg...

MRGisevil

You guys keep talking so big. I should throw my name in the hat and put you all to shame.

<insert sarcasm here>

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pat sucks at bump skiing so bad that he's trying to find guys who suck even more at it than him to enter, so they make him look better.

Here's a hint Pat; It won't matter how many gapers you get to enter, I'm still gonna kick your ass! You and Greg will be lucky if you even have a chance at 2nd, though I'm fairly sure you'll beat Greg...

woah there buddy....you sayin' I suck and I'm a gaper????

I see how you work. Pull in the innocent bystanders to fortify your smack

perhaps i do suck at bumps, then again perhaps I don't ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
You guys keep talking so big. I should throw my name in the hat and put you all to shame.

<insert sarcasm here>

If I hadn't known you were married, that statement might have been interpreted in an entirely different way :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
woah there buddy....you sayin' I suck and I'm a gaper????

I see how you work. Pull in the innocent bystanders to fortify your smack

perhaps i do suck at bumps, then again perhaps I don't ;)

Hey, you posted in this thread, so you're fair game in my book. ;)

Sounds like you're just too chicken to come and get your ass kicked! That's alright, I can wait another year if you want to practice some more first...

2knees

Sounds like you're just too chicken to come and get your ass kicked! That's alright, I can wait another year if you want to practice some more first...

B takin the gloves off.

Dont worry about brian, with all his head bobbin and hip checkin, he looks more like a rooster feeding than a human trying to ski bumps.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Your probably right, I should wait another year and practice. If I'm going to make things fair for you, I should work on riding bumps switch first.

powhunter

you chumps sure talk a lot of smack.....Grandpa powhunter has the week of the 9th -16th off...rather then staying up at killington that week, ive decided on a sundown marathon week...ill be able to do that course blindfolded!!! Ive been working on fine tuning my dinner roll....and the triple grab 720 heli is getting better.......

steve

2knees

you chumps sure talk a lot of smack.....Grandpa powhunter has the week of the 9th -16th off...rather then staying up at killington that week, ive decided on a sundown marathon week...ill be able to do that course blindfolded!!! Ive been working on fine tuning my dinner roll....and the triple grab 720 heli is getting better.......

steve

ooooh fresh meat.

Steve, there is no geritol division you do know. What happens if your colostomy bag breaks while you try to keep up with the under 50 crowd?

Greg

Staff member
whos judgin?

It turns out a fella named Dave Lemelin will be judging. He has judged comps at Mount Snow, Okemo, and Killington so the comp should have some legitimacy. Does his name ring a bell with anybody?

Greg

Staff member
ooooh fresh meat.

Steve, there is no geritol division you do know. What happens if your colostomy bag breaks while you try to keep up with the under 50 crowd?

Wow. You're brutal. Give the old fart a break. I'm just wondering how he's going to get his walker on the lift...