• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 3/16/2008

Greg

Staff member
Just do it! It's all for fun. So what if you fall? I bet lots of folks do, I wouldn't be surprised if I did...

Brian's right. All you girlie men that are on the fence need to sack up and just do it. The more support we can show for the event the better. The best way to do that is by entering. If you get eliminated in round 1, who cares? You can all just watch me kick Pat's ass then.

I know once those kickers are up, I'm going to spend a lot of time practicing. Hit the jump, stop, take off skis, hike back up, repeat. That's the only chance I will have at being able to throw down something that isn't totally pathetic. Even with the practice, it'll probably be pathetic... :lol:

Greg

Staff member
I love the fact that they're pushing this on the snow report and on the snow phone!

Grassi21

It looks like someone else will have to win this comp. I'm 100% out. It looks like I will be skiing somewhere in VT on Saturday. Then at 9 am on Sunday morning I have a lax game down in Norwalk. My bumping would look worse than usual after playing the entire 100 minutes game. I'm hoping to haul a$# up to New Hartford to root you guys on..... might, excuse me, will have a cooler of beers with me.

bvibert

Staff member
They started working on the 1st set of kickers yesterday and should finish them today. Then they're going to build the second set when they seed the rest of the bumps.

MRGisevil

I'm hoping wifey and our little guy will come as well. I think Marge said she might be filming.

Yup, Imma camp me up a good spot in the woods and film all yous guys ;) Unless they kick me out of the woods, then I s'pose I'll be camping me up a good spot at the bottom of the race...

2knees

They started working on the 1st set of kickers yesterday and should finish them today. Then they're going to build the second set when they seed the rest of the bumps.

just in time for the monsoon?

thats a bit odd.

Greg

Staff member
I believe this is new information as I don't remember seeing it before:

Qualifying rounds begin at 1pm. Top 16 competitors are paired to compete in a dual course with sudden death format.

So qualifying runs sound like they will be as singles which should help to get warmed up. So here's the latest roll call:

Powhunter
Jonnypoach
bvibert
2knees
Greg

Who else is in? Has anyone seen/skied the upper kicker yet?

madskier6

So here's the latest roll call:

Powhunter
Jonnypoach
bvibert
2knees
Greg

Count me in. I haven't even seen or skied Temptor since they seeded it so I have no knowledge of the course, let alone any sort of upper kicker. :lol: Looks like I've got some work to do before now and next Sunday. It should be fun.

2knees

I believe this is new information as I don't remember seeing it before:

So qualifying runs sound like they will be as singles which should help to get warmed up. So here's the latest roll call:

Powhunter
Jonnypoach
bvibert
2knees
Greg

that makes more sense. therefor you wont have two of the better people going head to head right off the bat.

Grassi21

I was there yesterday. Bumps softened up real nice around the time I left. The first set of bumps were in decent shape. That flat "no man's land" section in the middle is trash. Weird, odd shaped bumps, and scattered ruts. The steep section is holding up well. I stopped after about 6-8 bumps on the top of the steep section and noticed that it seemed like a few bumps were missing. I could reach my pole out up and down the fall line and not come close to touching a bump. I finally realized that this is where the kickers would be built. I didn't see the kickers set up before but I'm guessing they axed them and will start from scratch. I could be worng but none of those bumps looked like a kicker to me. The last flat section at the bottom is pretty rough. Little mounds everywhere, no real troughs.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for the update. I hope the kickers go in soon. That's the part that I really need to practice. I still think they should blow off that bottom stretch and just do a short course with a single kicker. The lower part of Temptor just never really took shape it seems. Too flat.

MR. evil

When we were there on Monday night there was a section in the middle of the steep part of temptor were thet had removed a row or two of bumps for the first kicker. I would have thought the kickers would have been built by now.

2knees

i would guess they were waiting for the rain to pass. no point in building a kicker with 3 inches in the forecast. i'll just get trashed.

Greg

Staff member
I'll try to get an update this week regarding the plan for the kickers and the additional seeding down Exhibiton. Brian mentioned the first kicker will be a standard type kicker in a bump course, while the bottom one will be a table top. Hope I can get up enough balls to make the landing area. Should be interesting... :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
I'll try to get an update this week regarding the plan for the kickers and the additional seeding down Exhibiton. Brian mentioned the first kicker will be a standard type kicker in a bump course, while the bottom one will be a table top. Hope I can get up enough balls to make the landing area. Should be interesting... :lol:

The latest I heard was that it was going to be two regular kickers, no more mention of the table top jump...