• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 3/16/2008

Grassi21

You are killing me Pat. Besides not being skilled enought to enter I have a lax game in the morning. I will be lucky to be on skis by the afternoon. I think MrsGrassi and I might be there to watch and get a few runs in.

Grassi21

I see your priorities are still all screwed up. It's still ski season, dude... :roll:

;)

I know I know... I'll be there, and most likely slightly inebriated, to cheer you guys on. I don't think my "flyin' gaper" will score me many points off the kicker.

Beetlenut

Wish I could be there too guys, I'm Mr. Mom that weekend, wife's out of town. Still looking forward to some warm Wednesday evenings. How many more Wednesday nights are left anyway? I'll anxiously be waiting for the video! ;-)

madskier6

I didn't see anything in the event description about a minimum age to enter, just "18 & under." My 9-year old & 14-year old sons both want to enter the bump contest. How could I possibly say no to them?

bvibert

Staff member
I didn't see anything in the event description about a minimum age to enter, just "18 & under." My 9-year old & 14-year old sons both want to enter the bump contest. How could I possibly say no to them?

I don't see why not, that would be awesome!

2knees

that is so excellent!

My 4 year old is on my case bigtime. She wants to go and BAD. gonna get her out next week.

Bring the pow boards to handicap yourself.

Greg

Staff member
Yup- I'll still be there to video. Having my t-shirt printed as we speak.

If you're serious about videotaping the event, perhaps we can get Chris Sullivan to let you up on the course somewhere. Your t-shirt can act as a press pass. :lol: I plan to video when and where I can.

Seriously, the kickers at the bottom are so large it's going to make viewing the upper course where the best bumps are difficult. I asked Chris Sullivan what the judge's vantage point will be.

MRGisevil

If you're serious about videotaping the event, perhaps we can get Chris Sullivan to let you up on the course somewhere. Your t-shirt can act as a press pass. :lol: I plan to video when and where I can.

Seriously, the kickers at the bottom are so large it's going to make viewing the upper course where the best bumps are difficult. I asked Chris Sullivan what the judge's vantage point will be.

Yes, I am planning on videotaping it... at least, as much as the battery life on my camera allows. I was kind of thinking I'd go rambo and hide in the woods halfway down the course... but if Chris wants to let me up there, that's cool too :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Yes, I am planning on videotaping it... at least, as much as the battery life on my camera allows. I was kind of thinking I'd go rambo and hide in the woods halfway down the course... but if Chris wants to let me up there, that's cool too :lol:

Time to buy a back-up battery. I'll mention it to Chris.

crank

I'm interested in coming up. Probably won't compete, but I have a really nice video camera that I am just learning how to use. If I could get a good position to tape from I would tape it and edit something together.

Greg

Staff member
Latest info from Chris:

We, have two judges lined up. They will be in two different spots. They have the option of judging from either of the two film platforms.

On skiers left just below the start we will set up a scaffold and near the bottom we will park our man lift. The basket can be extended 45 feet over the trail. That should make for some good footage.

I only have one HD recorder. If you know of anyone with another that would like to film let me know. I’ll set them up in the top scaffold. They have to have HD, we may try T.V. adds next year.

:spread: :daffy:

MR. evil

Not sure yet. I am a little bumded that the upper kicker is the full width of the course. It means I cannot go around it. :angry:

I have a hard enough time landing off of small 1 to 2 foot jumps.

MRGisevil

I thought it was but when he posted that, I figured he knew better. ;)

Does that mean you'll be the "official" videographer now? :D

No, he's right. The upscale version of our camera is. Ours is able to shoot very high-quality footage, but not "HD".