Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 3/16/2008 - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    B takin the gloves off.

Dont worry about brian, with all his head bobbin and hip checkin, he looks more like a rooster feeding than a human trying to ski bumps.
    Pat, that is brutally funny.

Sorry B.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Pat, that is brutally funny.

Sorry B.
    It's so funny because it's true. I can't disagree with that...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    It's so funny because it's true. I can't disagree with that...
    hardly brian, i was busting balls.

Dual format is sick. My TiVo caught this event from earlier this month at Deer Valley. Just a little something to get you guys pumped:

WCers are rad.
    I ski double black diamonds.

I think watching dual format for the pros is pretty cool, but I think amateur competitions are best in a solo format. It takes a lot of experience to be able to block out the other skier and just focus on your own skiing. IMO solo format produces more impressive runs in lower levels of competition. Also, less pressure with people tending to have more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I think watching dual format for the pros is pretty cool, but I think amateur competitions are best in a solo format. It takes a lot of experience to be able to block out the other skier and just focus on your own skiing. IMO solo format produces more impressive runs in lower levels of competition. Also, less pressure with people tending to have more fun.
    I tend to agree, but it is what it is. It's still going to be a blast. Again, my approach is going to be to ski cleanly and not psyche out if (when ) my opponent pulls away. My goal is just to advance a few times, quite honestly. That, and to support the event so the mogul philosophy they've adopted sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I tend to agree, but it is what it is. It's still going to be a blast. Again, my approach is going to be to ski cleanly and not psyche out if (when ) my opponent pulls away. My goal is just to advance a few times, quite honestly. That, and to support the event so the mogul philosophy they've adopted sticks.
    I would do the same. Perhaps that commitment will carry momentum for you into next season and have a weekly competition. Friday night one run comp, winner gets a burger and a beer at the mountain lodge. Then perhaps a bigger prize for the season series winner.

Who/what determines the seedings?

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter View Post
    Who/what determines the seedings?
    There's at least one judge on board at this point. The guy's name is Dave Lemelin and he's judged bump comps at Mount Snow, Killington and Okemo.

There's at least one judge on board at this point. The guy's name is Dave Lemelin and he's judged bump comps at Mount Snow, Killington and Okemo.
    I get that, but who determines who goes against who to start and then how it progresses. For example, you don't want the top 2 guys going against each other in the first round.

Duel format is tricker then just being judged and scored one at a time. I get it's just for fun so maybe just luck of the draw?

Thread Information