• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 3/16/2008

Greg

Staff member
The mogul competition at Ski Sundown in New Hartford, CT is a go! :spread:

It will be held on Sunday, March 16, 2008. According to Chris Sullivan, mountain ops manager, the plan is to hold the competition on Temptor. This trail has decent pitch and good visibility from the base area. Through February 20, Temptor is used for prep school racing. At some point after that time, their current bump trail, Nor'easter, will be flattened and they will seed Temptor down to about the most uphill fan gun on Exhibition. The course will consist of two clear lines with two kickers in each line.

So get your practice in on Nor'easter folks!

bvibert

Staff member
I'll be there, can't wait! :spread:

Should be fun, even if I get my ass handed to me... ;)

Zand

I can't make it... I'll be in Stowe that weekend.

I still want to get down there sometime though. Would it be better getting there while the bumps are on Nor'Easter, or should I wait until they get Temptor going?

2knees

excellent. it'll be cool just to have temptor seeded instead of nor'easter. little steeper and no twists in the trail which tend to muck up a good zipper line.

Greg

Staff member
excellent. it'll be cool just to have temptor seeded instead of nor'easter. little steeper and no twists in the trail which tend to muck up a good zipper line.

I kind of like the way the Nor'easter lines sort of waiver around and the trail twists a bit. Sorta more like a nat run up north despite it being a seeded bump run. But indeed, an actual course on Temptor to end out the season will be fun. I totally understand the need to flatten N'E if they seed a course on Temptor.

Zand - N'E is really pretty good right now. I have no idea how the course on Temptor will be so I can't comment on which would be better.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Will it be just a wide open event or offer different age classes? Will you be a judge Greg?

Doubt I'll be able to make it, but either way I'm sure it will be a blast. Bet the bumps will be nice and soft down south that weekend too.

MrMagic

NICE ill be there ! who is going to make AZ team shirts?

MR. evil

I am on the fence, I think i will need to ski Temptor with Bumps before I make my mind up. I know I will get my a$$ handed to me, but the only thing that I am worried about are the kickers. Never hit one before on a mogul course.

Greg

Staff member
I am on the fence, I think i will need to ski Temptor with Bumps before I make my mind up. I know I will get my a$$ handed to me, but the only thing that I am worried about are the kickers. Never hit one before on a mogul course.

So skip them. Typically, air is only 25% of the score. I certainly won't be throwing down anything that is less than laughable. :lol: