• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My Jackson Hole trip thread....January 19th-28th

snoseek

I'm pretty jealous of the snow your getting right now, driving to Steamboat tomorrow because summit county has been kind of quiet the last week or so. You picked a good week to be there, maybe some comfy temps coming up I think.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Hey Gss.....doesn't look like you have made it to one of my fav spots....Moran Face. Take a right off the Casper chair and go all the way to the Moran Face Traverse, there is a yellow caution sign but the traverse is easy, short and flat and when you come to a big boulder sidestep up and over it and you will find some sweet skiing. The boulder looks gnarly but it isn't.

Have fun!

cbcbd

Dude, nice reports... but where are the pics?

..if I don't see some pics then I'm guessing you're just sitting home typing up these reports :D

Dude, nice reports... but where are the pics?

..if I don't see some pics then I'm guessing you're just sitting home typing up these reports :D

I didn't bring my camara..it's too bulky to have in my pocket and I hate stopping..:flame:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I didn't bring my camara..it's too bulky to have in my pocket and I hate stopping..:flame:

disposable?

I'm not a huge picture taker myself, but it's nice to grab at least a couple of shots to document the finer moments in life.

Plus BITCH - you always ask everyone else on here for photos to bring up the stoke with trip reports! You're in J-HOLE and we're jealous, so share some stoke :lol:

snoseek

Quick question- Did you fly with "it" or was "it" waiting for your arrival? Just curious.

BLESS

disposable?

I'm not a huge picture taker myself, but it's nice to grab at least a couple of shots to document the finer moments in life.

Plus BITCH - you always ask everyone else on here for photos to bring up the stoke with trip reports! You're in J-HOLE and we're jealous, so share some stoke :lol:

right, WTF! some of us have to live through these pictures. PISSED.

right, WTF! some of us have to live through these pictures. PISSED.

Whatever...I took a ton of pictures on my last Jackson Hole trip..and I always had to keep stopping and taking off my gloves..I prefer to write reports as opposed to pictures..sorry..

AdironRider

I caught early gondi (745am - nice little job benefit) and it was indeed quite good.

Those guys though are literally first in line everytime theres a pow day. They get there even earlier when its over a foot. You need to understand the system we have in place here in Jackson. You earn your spot in line in a sense, and the gondi line wait is a big social event. Those guys got there before you, and never really stray far from their skis/board (one guy was in black right and the other a grey and blue jacket that boards?) You werent exactly cordial yourself it sounds. Was it worth talking back if you were only 5th in line, in the singles line mind you? Let it slide, they were there before you regardless.

BLESS

Whatever...I took a ton of pictures on my last Jackson Hole trip..and I always had to keep stopping and taking off my gloves..I prefer to write reports as opposed to pictures..sorry..

lol. I think you may have taken that to seriously. I don't get mad on computer message boards. I just wished you took some great shots, that's all.

BLESS

I caught early gondi (745am - nice little job benefit) and it was indeed quite good.

Those guys though are literally first in line everytime theres a pow day. They get there even earlier when its over a foot. You need to understand the system we have in place here in Jackson. You earn your spot in line in a sense, and the gondi line wait is a big social event. Those guys got there before you, and never really stray far from their skis/board (one guy was in black right and the other a grey and blue jacket that boards?) You werent exactly cordial yourself it sounds. Was it worth talking back if you were only 5th in line, in the singles line mind you? Let it slide, they were there before you regardless.

this is like the f*cking nonsense I go through every time I fly southwest. People camp right in front of the gate. I hate it....but what are you gonna do...