• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My Jackson Hole trip thread....January 19th-28th

dmc

Nice!!! Get some!

Let me know how 4pine, Pow8 and Pucker Face are doing...

dmc

4pine
JacksonHole_03-07-2007_HoppyCliffClose.jpg

layla17

Puckerface looks gorgeous, but I think I'd ended up sticking to the groomers too. Have a great trip!

AdironRider

The cycle last week really made the entire mtn skiable. You wont be dissapointed. Ive skied more pow out here this season than in my entire life combined.

koko85

wow this post has gotten me fired up!! i leave for JH on Feb 8th and i cant wait...first trip to JH---spent the last 4 years at Whistler and looking forward to something new...my only hope s that you save some fresh pow for me!!!??? cant wait to read your trip reports!! ENJOY!!

What skis are you using this week for all this sick powder? Some inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

Rossi Scratch BC Sprayers...88mm in the width..uber fat for PA..normal for VT..toothpicks for J-Hole..

Time to pick up take-out from Bubbas BBQ..tomorrow my buddy from Bozeman MT is coming in the early evening and we're hitting Targhee either Tuesday or Wednesday...it's dumping hardcore now.

21 inch storm total so far including 9 inches in the past 24 hours..Lots of terrain didn't get skied yesterday..mainly woods, casper area, and the lower faces..Snow showers today...then clearing..The plows are out this morning doing their thing..One hour till the bus to Teton Village..

ComeBackMudPuddles

GSS....You sonuvabitch. Have a great time. Sounds awesome so far.

Any chance we'll get some pictures? Maybe posted to this thread when you get back?

Jackson Hole has this sweet "photo of the day" posted from January 20:

012008.jpg

AdironRider

Nice man, Im glad your out here getting the goods as well. Shoot me a pm before you leave and we should meet up for a day and Ill show you around a bit. Ive learned the mtn pretty well so far this season. Were only ten inches away from last years SEASON TOTAL, and have already surpassed the mid-mtn total as well. Sick.

Also, shameless plug, but if your looking for a bit of a nicer lunch one day, you should check out the Couloir at the top of the gondi. Its where I work (every night wed-sun) and trust me, the food is absolutely incredible. Lunch has a bunch of really nice 15 dollar entrees. But if you want to be a ballah hit us up for dinner. 85 bucks for a 4 course fine dining experience. Pricey, but pretty much everyone who has come up says we blow the 4 seasons and in town restaurants away in terms of our food. I recomend the Ahi tuna if its on the menu that night. I might even be able to score you my employee discount. Let me know.

JohnGD33

sounds like you are having a blast I can not wait to get back there. I went to a brew pub there but I can't remember the name. Did have great beers. Are you staying at snow king? That little mtn is cool too. nothing like jackson. ENJOY!!!