• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

good eats in stowe?

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Alchemist beer bad?????Gotta call bushit on this unless you enjoy budweiser as a fine lager. That place has it going ON for good beer for people who know what it is and great food value.
Frozen corn, maybe you could list a few of your favorite beers so we know what your perspective is.
Some of my favs...Dogfish head 60 minute IPA...Wolvers IPA. 420 out of portland, Stone Coast. Sierra Nevada porter.
Rock Art Extra Special Bitter
Jefe (alchemist)
Holy Moly (alchemist)
Heady Topper (chemist)

frozencorn

Alchemist beer bad?????Gotta call bushit on this unless you enjoy budweiser as a fine lager. That place has it going ON for good beer for people who know what it is and great food value.
Frozen corn, maybe you could list a few of your favorite beers so we know what your perspective is.
Some of my favs...Dogfish head 60 minute IPA...Wolvers IPA. 420 out of portland, Stone Coast. Sierra Nevada porter.
Rock Art Extra Special Bitter
Jefe (alchemist)
Holy Moly (alchemist)
Heady Topper (chemist)

To be fair, what I remember of it was during the 2005 Burlington Beer Fest, which was about 110 degrees on the shores of Champlain. Most of my party kinda lost their minds that day, so perhaps it was a bit of delusion on our parts, but we all had the same reaction.

And on the Budweiser....um, no.

mkoloj

Pie in the Sky. Pizzeria, definitely on the casual side, last year they had an all you can eat pizza buffet for lunch for like $7 or $8.

gladerider

here is the report:

1. Pie-casso: Very good. I ordered pizza (Heart Stopper) and it was good. It turns out that their dishes are very good in general not just pizza. We had their New England Clam Chowder, Garlic Knots, Fettuccine Alfredo and Spaghetti Marinara. They were all good. My wife ordered a house red wine. Their house wine is Kendall Jackson cab. I think they charged like $5~6/glass. Not a bad deal at all. Definitely recommend this place. Relatively cheap compared to some other places.

2. Harrison's: Very good. We had Pan Roasted Mussels, Maine Crab and Lobster cakes, Pan Roasted Trout, Sauteed Seafood Medley, Chicken Piccata and another dish I cannot remember the name, but it was a prosciutto rapped around chicken. The mussels were excellent. It reminded me of a restaurant chain in paris called 'Léon de Bruxelles'. Highly recommend it. The prosciutto rapped around chicken dish was very good, but was bit salty. It tasted like juicy rabbit legs. Good place. Would definitely go back.

3. Olive's Bistro: Good. The waiter was very pleasant. He said the place was self-sustained. Food was good. We had Sauteed Calamari, Spaghetti a la carbonara with house cured pancetta, Truffle potato gnocchi & house dried bresaola, Bucatini allo Scoglio and House pork tenderloin. Delicious. The food was very very good, but we waited for a long time for dishes. Had to ask for breads and it took a while for that to come. The waiter told me that he put the breads in the oven. Good food, but they can run this place better. The waiter said the pork was their signature dish and I ordered it medium. I would order it medium rare next time. Calamari was super. Need to have bread ready before it. Spaghetti in carbonara sauce and pancetta also need a bread to wipe off the plate. The pancetta is super good.

Thanks to your suggestions we had a very pleasant restaurant experience in Stowe. My wife said, 'you know the food here in stowe's very good in general'. I said, 'I will tell my AZ friends thanks.' So, Thanks Guys!! :)

skibum1321

Be forewarned - they only have two seatings, I think its 530 and 630, first come first queued. It fills up, so we usually go right from the mountain. check their web page before you go. Yeah waitsfield is a bit of a drive, but if y ou've got nothing else to do in the eve and the weather is good....

or if pizza's your thing, Pie in the Sky is a good cheap eat, better than your average sub shop pizza.

That's not actually true. They have pretty much as many seatings as they need in the night. They start taking names at 4:30, but you should probably get there around 4 to get in line to put your name in. It gets pretty crazy in there.