• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Has anyone been to Okemo lately?

MommaBear

I've only been on sel's choice since it's usually the first to seed, the field is in the terrain park and the trail is wide enuf so that they groom one side for a bail out. Like sunapee, I would assume they do this for all there mogul fields, have a bail section and groom as needed.

For a Mom & Dad that like the bumps and kids that can't quite do them yet, Sel's choice worked great - they skied the "bail out" groomed area while we did the bumps. Win, win for this family.

gmcunni

For a Mom & Dad that like the bumps and kids that can't quite do them yet, Sel's choice worked great - they skied the "bail out" groomed area while we did the bumps.

This past weekend Ledges, Sel's Choice, Blackout and Upper LImelight all had "bail out" groomed areas on the side.

Mildcat

I just won a voucher for a free lift ticket there. Looks like I'll have to go there again soon.

jack97

OK so my question is this: Whats better, Hunter or Okemo? The reason I ask this is that Snowbird tours has bus trips every week up to Okemo. Or I could drive to Hunter. Problem is that Hunter has not been getting much snow and Okemo has. But I need a bit of a challenge to keep my interest. If Okemo has good bump runs that are not composed of solid ice I would be interested. Plus I don't have to drive and it costs $80.00 for the whole thing which is cheaper than driving to hunter.

With this thaw/freeze cycle we are experiencing, the bumps at Okemo should be solid. If we get a decent coating by the end of this week, the bumps should be fun. And it will hold up to newbies riders or skiers deforming them since the mounds are solid.

I'm getting stoked!