• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ok then Who's the best skier on this board?

highpeaksdrifter

Win doesn't use pickup lines, he simply says, "Now."

I ski with TJF often and he is a very good skier, he's a charger and has skills all over the mountain. I enjoy skiing with him and having some beers with him after. He's an all around good dude.

I've only been to one AZ gathering, but there where alot of skiers, many of whom where very good. I'd have to pick 2knees as the best one. He impressed me alot with his bump skills, very aggressive. I'd definately like to ski with him again.

roark

Well, after reading the 2 serious posts in this thread I think I have an inkling of why I've been getting better. Skied with all but 180, powbumps, and HPD of those mentioned below. Nothing makes you learn like skiing with those who kick your @ss!

My vote is tree_skier, alhtough I've yet to hit the plunge with him.

.. but my vote would go to 180.
  • JimG. - very controlled. Not overly aggressive, but hardly ever bobbles. 40+ years and a level 3 cert shows.
  • 2knees - super aggressive in the bumps. Direct line. Likes to slam and bang with little A&E but he knows that. Fun to watch.
  • powbmps - only skied with him once but I can tell he rips.
  • riverc0il - Haven't skied with Steve in a few years, but I consider him being among the board's best.
HPD gets an honarable mention.

I would have to say Ga2ski. He turns his tele grear at an amazing level. racing... Tree_Skier is pretty good for a very old fart. Jim g would have to get mention.

mlctvt

Since I've only skied with one AZ member ,GSS ; and he seemed better than me , I vote myself the worst AZ skier. That I know anyway.

tree_skier

I would have to say Ga2ski. He turns his tele grear at an amazing level. racing... Tree_Skier is pretty good for a very old fart. Jim g would have to get mention.

Who you calling a old fart.

I would have to say BobR is pretty good for a hedgehog. He might be real good if he could add some length to his legs, I almost said 2 feet, but laws of physics are against him.

Also Ga2ski isn't bad for a guy who wears kneepads.

MRGisevil

Jim G is the best I've skied with so far. Never seen him stumble, just gets down in the most efficient way possible.

I agree. I can't say who the best skier on the board is because I haven't skied with everyone. But of the people I have skied with, I'd have to say Jim is the best (although I'd have to rate Pat up there was well).

Grassi21

Jim G is the best I've skied with so far. Never seen him stumble, just gets down in the most efficient way possible.

I agree. I can't say who the best skier on the board is because I haven't skied with everyone. But of the people I have skied with, I'd have to say Jim is the best (although I'd have to rate Pat up there was well).

I will start out by agreeing. Jim and Pat are excellent skiers. But, don't they remind you of a couple of pick-up hoops players. Jim is the old guy who hits every jump shot and plays great D. Pat is the guy with the headband diving all over the court for loose balls.

PS - Jim, I know you aren't that old, but you have a few years on me. ;-)

bigbog

...modest!

Ha....in addition to your skiing the mountain wackos are used to getting a barbeque going with very little planning BobR...
Man when we see something definitely deep coming up....you have to plan something Bob!

Steve.....lovin' my 94mm Hazmats

I'm the best skiing tombstone salesman..

How can you judge the best?? Best form...Best on ice..Best in the gates..Best in the bumps...Best powering through crud..Most agile..It's very subjective..

I'm thinking probably Grassi is the best..based on his Avatar picture..

Grassi21

I'm the best skiing tombstone salesman..

How can you judge the best?? Best form...Best on ice..Best in the gates..Best in the bumps...Best powering through crud..Most agile..It's very subjective..

I'm thinking probably Grassi is the best..based on his Avatar picture..

That is an understatement. I kill it where ever I go. ;-)

PS - If you see the video footage right after that pic I do wipe out.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I'm sensing a big time Highwaystar ski-off/call out/trash talking/BS fest/short poles vs. long poles/wide track vs. tight knees/boarder vs skier all out flame fest here!

I'm sensing this thread is possibly the lamest thread yet.....the only way it get any lamer is if Greg insists on video proof of said greatness. :wink:

Pissing%20contest%201907.JPG

2knees

I'm sensing this thread is possibly the lamest thread yet.....the only way it get any lamer is if Greg insists on video proof of said greatness. :wink:

I hope you know it was meant totally in jest. given our latest topic dejour of who can or cant ski.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Getting toasted by ga2ski on a weekly basis has certainly been humbling. Solid skier and great fun to ski with, even if he drops his knees. :smile:

Greg

Staff member

Pissing%20contest%201907.JPG

Why is that? Nothing wrong with giving props, when props are due. Hardly is this a pissing match. I don't think anyone claimed that they were the best. And I do indeed have video proof of everyone I mention if you really want it. ;) What? Angry nobody mentioned you...? :-o :razz:

bobbutts

I watch some ski and snowboard movies and it's very clear that I'm nothing like that. Unless you think you're at that level, or competing it some way I don't really see much point.
Who here takes > 40' drops and throws 720's like it's nothing?
Anyone here with competitive success in any discipline?

2knees

I watch some ski and snowboard movies and it's very clear that I'm nothing like that. Unless you think you're at that level, or competing it some way I don't really see much point.
Who here takes > 40' drops and throws 720's like it's nothing?
Anyone here with competitive success in any discipline?

Like i said 3 posts ago, it was a gag. apparently a lame one. brought on by the "can XXX ski" threads. I dont think anyone really cares who is the "best" skier on this board nor does it mean anything anyway.

the chuck norris/win posts had me laughing pretty hard at work though so it served a purpose.