• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top five Resorts

frozencorn

1. Stowe
2. Sugarbush
3. Killington
4. Sunday River
5. Wildcat

Had my first experience at the Loaf just this month, but I'm sure repeat explorations would throttle it into the list. And while I do love Jay, I can't get there enough to realistically include it.

skibum1321

1. Sugarbush
2. MRG
3. Smuggs
4. Stowe
5. Jay

In case you didn't realize it from my list, I agree w/ Steeze that Northern VT is where it's at.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Stowe
MRG
Burke
Jay
Bush

Same set of ski areas for me but I can't decide on an order. Cannon is close to being on this list as well. I really need to ski Sugarloaf and Wildcat to make a truely informed decision here.
Funny how almost none of these lists are even REMOTELY close to the Ski Magazine rankings (yea, that's right, I had to bring it up :flame:)

jaywbigred

1.) Okemo - reliability of bumps + ski on/ski off choices + proximity
2.) Killington - challenge of bump runs + proximity.
3.) Sugarbush - would be # 1 if it were closer.
4.) Stowe - Would be #1 if they could have Mother Nature help them get more of the Mt. open more often.
5.) Bolton Valley - beats Mt. Snow by a hair - experienced both for the first time this year, really liked both, and both are far and away better than all the other resorts I have skied in the east (Sunday River, Whiteface, Gore, Stratton, the Poconos areas, Greek Peak, Bromley, Mountain Creek)

deadheadskier

Staff member
4.) Stowe - Would be #1 if they could have Mother Nature help them get more of the Mt. open more often.

wow, when have you tried to ski Stowe??????

I would say in an average season, the mountain is 100% open for 100+ days outside of Upper Goat, Lookout, Star and a few glades. Even those runs are probably open on average 50+ days a season. This is probably a higher percentage than just about anywhere in the east.

Outside of Jay, Mother Nature is probably more helpful to Stowe than anywhere else on the East Coast. Doesn't get much better than a 300" average in this neck of the woods.

GolfingOwl

1) Stowe
2) Sugarbush
3) Whiteface
4) Bretton Woods
5) Stratton

Haven't skied MRG, Jay, Smuggs, Okemo, Killington/Pico or any Maine resorts though plan to hit those at some point in the next few years.

Last edited:

braciole

I guess now is as good a time as ever for a first post: :grin:

1 - Sugarbush
2 - Stowe
3 - Gore
4 - Jay Peak
5 - White Face

Local Spot in under two hours...Ski Plattekill....when there's snow nothing beats it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, I have some ties....

1. Burke, Sugarbush, Pico.
2. Sunday River, Stowe.
3. Killington, Pats Peak, Cannon.
4. Sugarloaf.
5. Sunapee.