• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bodies Revealed

drjeff

ok DrJeff, you recommend it. I'll take a Dr's advice over the peanut gallery any day.

btw, you aren't a proctologist, are you? cause those guys I don't trust.

SNNNNAAPPPP.

Nope I spend my days looking at the hole where the food goes in, not comes out! ;)

bad-teeth.jpg

2knees

Nope I spend my days looking at the hole where the food goes in, not comes out! ;)

bad-teeth.jpg

so, you work with West Virginian's do you.

I think i want to go brush my eyes now, never mind my teeth.

Greg

Staff member
That dude must have some kickin' breath... Cripes!

Greg

Staff member
Yup, that's an untouched photo. Not one that I took, but believe me, when you practice in a rural area, you see "displays" like this many times a year :eek:

What the hell can you do in that situation? Just numb 'em up and take a sledge hammer to the whole damn thing?

drjeff

What the hell can you do in that situation? Just numb 'em up and take a sledge hammer to the whole damn thing?

Pretty much that's it for one like that. Maybe if the x-rays show that a few of them have a decent quantity of supportive bone around them, I might choose to blast off the couple of feet of tartar that those things are encased in and keep a few teeth to "hang" a denture off of, but 95%+ of the time with a starting point like that, that person's 2nd visit will involve ALOT of novacaine and them walking out the door at the end of the visit a few ounces lighter ready to gum things like a newborn :eek:

After that they'll start paying a heck of alot more to the commercials where Florence Henderson pitches Fixodent!

C01-0318901-8100bg.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I think i want to go brush my eyes now, never mind my teeth.
I hear ya!

:puke: Dude! I was eating dinner!!! :puke:

There was a special on Discovery Channel a few years ago about this... or something similar (to the OP). I don't think I'd want to see it IRL though.

drjeff

I hear ya!

:puke: Dude! I was eating dinner!!! :puke:

There was a special on Discovery Channel a few years ago about this... or something similar (to the OP). I don't think I'd want to see it IRL though.

Sorry, unfortunately my day isn't spent just starring at perfect pearly whites :( Actually from a business standpoint, its much better that I don't stare at perfect pearly whites all day long(unless of course those perfect pearly whites are courtesy of my work ;) )

The real sad thing is that not just in rural areas, but in increasing numbers all over the country, my type of folk are seeing more and more mouths like that one courtesy of Meth abuse :eek: The really sad thing is that the age demographic where that shows up most is the 18-25 year old segment. Still, even after doing this tooth thing for almost 11 years now it gets me when I have to take out all of a persons teeth when that person is younger than myself. I first had to do that when I was 25, and now 11+ years later I've probably done that close to 100 times :eek: :eek:

drjeff

Now i know why dentists DRINK and have a high suicide rate :D :D

Hey, we're getting better(atleast on the suicide thing ;) ) We used to have the highest rate of any profession and now we're not even in the top ten!

Actually that suicide rate is more attributable to the degree of perfection we hold ourselves to on a daily basis (try spending all day working in a moving, wet environment striving for margins of a couple of a thousands of an inch and then have the person you spent all that time working on achieving that perfection neglect your work - can be very depressing if you let it get to you). The "gross stuff" we see is actually kind of fun in a weird way(the smell part I could do with out though) ;)

Next time you head to your dentist, if you want to piss him/her off and or your hygienist, just consume a meal consisting of an everything bagel, some nacho cheese dorritos and a big cup of coffee, don't brush then before. We really appreciate that ;)

Warp Daddy

Nah i have ahealthy respect for my dentist he used to run track and XC with my son both in HS and university --BUT I LUV to BUST on HIM H'mm greasy spoon EVERYTHING bagel -------------------------------------sounds like a plan :D

drjeff

Nah i have ahealthy respect for my dentist he used to run track and XC with my son both in HS and university --BUT I LUV to BUST on HIM H'mm greasy spoon EVERYTHING bagel -------------------------------------sounds like a plan :D

Just don't piss off your hygienist, they're the once that can really be viscous :eek:

wa-loaf

One of my daughters playmates who is 4, has like 3-4 cavities already and the parents don't have decent dental insurance, so It's going to cost around 6k to fix them. I guess when they are that little they need to put under to do the procedure. Talk about throwing money out the door since these are still baby teeth. :roll:

These folks could have saved a lot of money by:
1. not letting their kid eat so much candy and crap.
2. actually brush the kids teeth!
:smash: