• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski sundown FEB-26 night

MrMagic

Cond: heavy wet snow

weather: 2 inches of snow RAIN lots of it

report:

got to sundown at 5:40 place was dead. lift one was spiing to the top a decent amount of rain falling,
skied the bumps which were great!!! with all the new snow, some grood lines forming at the last drop, the snow was quite heavy and hard to push around, but it was a good check to make sure you had good stance!
stinger was great it had been packed down well, stayed on those two runs for the night rain picked up around 7 and i was out of there around 8 10 soaked soaked soaked and cold

bvibert

Staff member
Cond: heavy wet snow

weather: 2 inches of snow RAIN lots of it

report:

got to sundown at 5:40 place was dead. lift one was spiing to the top a decent amount of rain falling,
skied the bumps which were great!!! with all the new snow, some grood lines forming at the last drop, the snow was quite heavy and hard to push around, but it was a good check to make sure you had good stance!
stinger was great it had been packed down well, stayed on those two runs for the night rain picked up around 7 and i was out of there around 8 10 soaked soaked soaked and cold

Must have missed you. I skied from around 6 till just before 8. The place really was dead...

MrMagic

sorry i missed you brian, i was keeping my head down on the left to let the water run off my helmet tho'

bvibert

Staff member
I wasn't paying too much attention to who else was around, though I don't think anyone else was on Temptor at the same time as me the whole time I was there. There's a good chance that you skied by me though as I stood atop Nor'Easter yapping into my cell phone for way too long on two different occasions... :roll:

Greg

Staff member
Jonnypoach was there. Sounded like he left around 8 pm.

bvibert

Staff member
I may as well copy what I said about the night in another thread into this TR...

I skied for a bit tonight. It was... well... very wet... very very wet. I was literally wringing the water out of my gloves on the rides up and was wringing out my jacket and pants when I got done. Looks like they received an inch or so before the rain started and it was coming down hard. It's gonna be rough if we get a deep freeze before some of that water can drain out. The snow was very soft and most of the icy spots were even loosening up. It made for some challenging skiing in the bumps, at least to me, the snow was so heavy that it was pretty unforgiving if you got in the back seat (no forcing the tails around if they were weighted at all). The snow was real slow in the flat sections (poling required at times between the two sections of bumps on Temptor) but still seemed pretty fast on the steep section of bumps. There were some 'slush explosions' on some bumps to give you an idea of how loose it was... ;)

ZOG

I was there for the last CISC race of the season. The race course was good, but the free skiing on the top of the barrel sucked. It was like skiing in wet concrete.