• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Unspeakable

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Just clipped this from WMUR's site:

Looks like we are going to catch a break from the arctic chill as warming takes hold on Monday and Tuesday ahead of our next system. Rain is looking very possible, possibly heavy rain, on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning... this could cause major problems with either flooding or your roof if you don't shovel off, so please consider doing that right away!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:( I had heard that, too. :(

ETA: Then again, at least all of you can take advantage of this beautiful snow this weekend. I'm still recovering. :(

Take advantage of the skiing tomorrow..because it's going to get warm and rainy early to mid week..At least the base is good..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Well, at least it's snowing right NOW! :snow: Came out of nowhere...

This morning's snow stopped hours ago and the sun came out... then I realized it got dark all the sudden. Looked out the window and saw those beautiful fat flakes floating out of the sky. :snow:

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Doesn't look too bad in the North Country. Lots of snow showers and the worst they're showing is this:

Monday: A light mix of wintry precipitation in the morning. Then some clearing in the afternoon. High 41F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 40%.

Followed by more snow showers and snow on Wednesday.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
This is a tricky time of the year. I have my stash of passes and discount vouchers. I was tempted to go to Cannon tomorrow but Ragged sure can be nice with new snow too. The game plan is to use up my passes from the south and work north. Most years I end up at Killington (clearly not the most northern option..) toward the end of the season as previous owners have enjoyed the bragging rights of staying open longest.

So Ragged it is.

Greg

Staff member
Doesn't look too bad in the North Country. Lots of snow showers and the worst they're showing is this:

Monday: A light mix of wintry precipitation in the morning. Then some clearing in the afternoon. High 41F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 40%.

Followed by more snow showers and snow on Wednesday.

I hope so. Heading to the MRV tomorrow.

Skier75

This is a tricky time of the year. I have my stash of passes and discount vouchers. I was tempted to go to Cannon tomorrow but Ragged sure can be nice with new snow too. The game plan is to use up my passes from the south and work north. Most years I end up at Killington (clearly not the most northern option..) toward the end of the season as previous owners have enjoyed the bragging rights of staying open longest.

So Ragged it is.

I hear you there! We're in the same boat, as well, thinking it would be best to work the same way south to north. Hate to see the passes go to waste. We still have some passes left for Ragged too.

We're actually hoping to get my daughter to meet somewhere between where she lives in VT and here next weekend to use up some passes. It may be either Loon or Cannon....

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
This makes me sad because I was home all day today sick! This frigin cold was working me down all week and took full hold Saturday, aarrrgggg!!!! While recovering today all I could think about was the conditions at Cannon, now this warm up and 'R' stuff falling!

Guess it could be worse!

Bostonian

Not all gloom and doom...

This is the forecast from NOAA for Sunday River (where I am heading to tomorrow)

----

Tuesday: A chance of freezing rain before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Northwest wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Periods of snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 20. North wind between 3 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Periods of freezing rain and sleet, mainly before 4pm. High near 28. Northeast wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Greg

Staff member
Warm wind blasting through Sugarbush this morning. A mix of light rain & sleet falling.

hammer

Is it just me or is this latest system taking the same type of track as many of the others we had last month? :-?

SKIQUATTRO

looking dicy up by Smuggs/Stowe (ice) on Wed...NOAA is saying a possible major event on Friday..any word on this system??

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It is depressing,

I am recovering from one of the most incredible 7 day stretches I have ever experienced on the East Coast. I have no complaints. There is another month of wonderful suprises ahead. With the base snowpack on hand, it won't take much!

p.s., a neighbor walked by my house last night as I was taking the ski racks off. She said, in reference to snow "I'm sick of it." I think I may have permanently punctured my tongue , biting it so hard as to prevent saying something unkindly. She already knew where I stand on the issue.