• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowbasin 03/02/2008

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
This was my last day of skiing in Utah for 2008. I had to check out Snowbasin on a sunny day. Up until this point I had been there twice and on both occasions it was snowing and the visibility was poor. This was a sunny day and I just had to see the views. I arrived at about 8:30 AM and was on the gondola right after they opened at 9. My leg felt pretty good after last weeks accident, but as soon as I put my boot on I felt some pain and decided to stay on the groomers. Well, the groomers were pretty much all windblown and scrappy. There was a fair amount of powder to be found, but I just didn't trust my leg. As a result, I skied mostly groomer and a little bit of pow, which was sweet. I only last 2 hours since I didn't want to take a chance with my leg on my last day there. After that I went back to the condo, got my wife and headed to the Bonneville Salt Flats, very interesting stuff, that report can be found here: http://forums.alpinezone.com/25096-bonneville-salt-flats-trip-report.html#post244063

The views from Snowbasin were sweet, here's some pics:

P1010018~0.jpg

P1010027.jpg

Last edited:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yeah for the most part, there was good snow to be found. In my case, I had to be careful due to injury. As a result, I tried to stick to groomers and on this particular day, they weren't the best.