• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any Long Range Forecasts?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just looked at WCAX and TWC for Northern Vermont and the temps are going to shoot back up...and some r&*n is now possible for Thursday-Friday.

Any :snow: on the horizon????

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
warmer temps will help with the crust that must be under the dust. Although I know no exact dates, I have heard scuttlebutt that the latter part of this month is forecasted to be much better than the start.

SKIQUATTRO

Goto Accuweather and under Community, check out the Forums...alot of chatter in there about March 14/15 storm.....

hammer

Goto Accuweather and under Community, check out the Forums...alot of chatter in there about March 14/15 storm.....
Latest forecasts I've heard on that storm sound an awful lot like the one we had this past weekend...I sure hope that's wrong.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Latest forecasts I've heard on that storm sound an awful lot like the one we had this past weekend...I sure hope that's wrong.

I heard that too :angry: FWIW last week at this time they were forecasting the last event as a snowstorm...so maybe they will go wrong in the other direction.

Greg

Staff member
I heard that too :angry: FWIW last week at this time they were forecasting the last event as a snowstorm...so maybe they will go wrong in the other direction.

Interesting how more often snow forecasts bust than rain forecasts flip in our favor. I know it happened once at the beginning of February, but it sucks that it seems easier to accurately forecast rain events than it does snow events.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Interesting how more often snow forecasts bust than rain forecasts flip in our favor. I know it happened once at the beginning of February, but it sucks that it seems easier to accurately forecast rain events than it does snow events.

I've noticed that as well....

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
I've noticed that as well....

The other thing that sucks is that so often in NE, the forecast looks like this:

Monday
High: 13
Low: 3
Sunny, cold

Tuesday
High: 24
Low: 12
Partly Cloudy

Wednesday
High: 42
Low: 34
Rain

Thursday
High: 21
Low: 11
Flurries, wind gusts 30-40

So it's Monday and I'm thinking, "No way is it 42 and rain Wednesday, it's freaking 3 degrees out there right now." And then Wednesday comes and no, it's not 42 and rain, it's 49 and rain, and the next day it's very cold again, lots of wind. We got warm just long enough to pick up 3/4 inch of rain. And then the warm front sweeps off and leaves us with wind-blown dust on crust.

thetrailboss

Staff member
From the reports I see...Its looks pretty good and we may see some decent snow for Sat.

Time to get out these stickers...

IMG_1087.JPG

tcharron

I dunno. Looks like the bulk of the precipitation is getting here like.. Right now..

Don't think it's going to get cold enough until really late tonight for us to get any sort of significant snow.

tcharron

I dunno. Looks like the bulk of the precipitation is getting here like.. Right now..

Don't think it's going to get cold enough until really late tonight for us to get any sort of significant snow.

I stand corrected. As of 6am this morning, we've gotten 2" in Lyndeborough.