• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Possible Pow day Monday

loafer89

If you are hoping for snow from the possible coastal storm on sunday, it's unlikely to affect Northern Vermont at all. It's possible the storm misses New England entirely or produces snow where there is no skiing, aka the New England Coast.

I have my fingers crossed for you anyway:snow:

hammer

Here's the latest Accuweather spin...

iws2_430.jpg

ERJ-145CA

I like that map, it has me covered in NW New Jersey and it has Newark Airport with no precipitation so my job isn't harder when I finish my trip on Sunday.

Greg

Staff member

Just like we can't count on snow when forecast, there's no reason to count this out based on the latest model change. This is several days away and until they all come into somewhat of an agreement, it's all just guessing anyway.

loafer89

We just had a rain/snow mix snowshower move through Bloomfield, My wife says it was snowing in Coventry.

Vortex

We love snow. Fresh-fallen, fresh-made...it's all awesome. And lucky for us, we have both in our future! Our snowmaking crew will be firing the guns tonight on White Heat and Right Stuff and our weather guru Russ Murley is calling for 6-10" of the fresh stuff on Sunday! Start planning now to come up for the weekend and get snowed in!

copied from the River snow report this afternoon.

sounds like a storm.

aveski2000

I was at the River today. A little hard in spots, but nothing you couldn't get an edge into. There is a bullet-proof base, that should set up nice for spring skiing. Might be up on Sunday. I'd like to ski something fresh.

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
the river is still blowing snow? earliest start, and now they're gunning for the latest closing. Strontium = Potassium, anyone?

I know I'm a chem nerd. I just got a D on my chem final so I'm a little bitter.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
What's the latest on Sunday weather? Seems like the snow reports I'm googling have been backing off to just possible snow showers, a big change from the 6-10" prediction.

loafer89

The first low pressure will pass east of Nantucket early on saturday giving New Hampshire and Maine a general 2-4" snow, with locally higher amounts, while the second low which might have hit Southern New England is passing to our south.

twinplanx

I'd just like to thank this thread for sending me up north last weekend and taking a St. Pattys holiday.

Thanx Pow day Monday.