Ski Sundown - 3/16/08 (Bump or Bust Mogul Competition) - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Wow Greg....sounds awesome..Did speed get more points than style on the jumps?

Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    Wow Greg....sounds awesome..Did speed get more points than style on the jumps?
    Dunno. It's usually 25% speed, 25% air, and 50% turns/line.
    I ski double black diamonds.

i'm just pissed i crashed about 15 feet before the finish line. not saying i wouldve beat mrmagic by any stretch but if your gonna bail, do it in style, dont lay down like a dog in his bed.

I thought i was on my game for the most part today. i hit some nice lines and while i didnt do anything crazy off the kicker, i caught nice air and went right back into my line. i really cant complain.

btw, lets give it up for MrMagic. He skied clean, fast and hard all day. Great job and great skiing. Good on ya!

Here’s my take on today’s events:

I got there around 11 30 AM meet Greg and jeff03 on the deck, got the run down on conditions and was out around 11 45 took a few warm up runs on the bumps but kept it pretty laid back and slow.
    For qualifying I took the skiers right line which I thought was the harder of the two lines ( personally) I didn’t have any practice time on the kicker , I took it slow through the line but fell hard on the kicker which rattled me for the up coming bracket race. I wasn’t expecting to get any farther than one run but I won first round qualifying against Tim I was running at full speed but my skies being so wide were slowing me down, second run I was against some one else ( not sure who) won against him in the right line, with plenty of speed.
    Semi finals I was paired with pat ( who by the ways RIPS!!!) Pat dude, it was an up most pleasure to bump with you,. Made it to the final run but fell of the kicker ( way to much speed) recovered quickly but lost against the telemarker. All in all it was a blast,

I was sporting my super gaper mad steezey coat cover in ski patches I only bust that puppy out on special events. Im taking tomorrow (Monday) off but Tuesday ill be back up north getting ready for next year!

Cheers

chris

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    btw, lets give it up for MrMagic. He skied clean, fast and hard all day. Great job and great skiing. Good on ya!
    No doubt! A great skier and a super nice guy. Glad to get to know you this season, Chris!

This is actually Mr. evil, Randi is using my computer to edit the video. Today was a blast and I am really glad I decided to compete. Everyone skied great, especially Mr.Magic. I can't complain too much about getting knocked out of the brackets by the guy that came in 2nd place.

Randi has a ton of great footage and is working on her next masterpiece.
    If you're a fan of the Manchester United Football Team, sing the Manchester United song-!

Quote Originally Posted by MRGisevil View Post
    Randi has a ton of great footage and is working on her next masterpiece.
    I can't wait. I'm sure it will be great. BTW, Randi was positioned on the platform where the judges were.

I'm working on a short video too based on the footage Brian took from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I was a bit surprised seeing a tele guy win it. Perhaps he was just more impressive through the bumps considering he was on teles than any of the alpiners? dunno

It certainly seems like a farce though. I've seen some teles shred bumps, but definitely not as good as someone can ski em' on alpine boards.

I know some pretty good tele bumpers. ... they can compete with most alpiners. Wish I could have been there to support the tele contnigent. Who knows maybe 1st and 2nd would have been free heelers?

Good job - folks. Sorry I missed it. Couldn't get myself to drive south to ski.

ok guys- rendering right now. I'll post the youtube link once it's up. I couldn't get everything in of course, but did my best to get the better runs in, feature lots of air, and made sure to get everyone from AZ in.
    If you're a fan of the Manchester United Football Team, sing the Manchester United song-!

Thread Information