Ski Sundown - 3/16/08 (Bump or Bust Mogul Competition) - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    Whoever had the early release on the jump NICE!!!!!

Nice vid. Good job guys.

he he he thanks for a fun day everyone......and great job on the vids!!!

steve

[QUOTE=SkiDork;247806]It's actually a bit more complicated thatn that. Here's the rulebook on falling/turns:

Yeah, I guess that is a bit more complicated. I guess he didn't want to explain all that to me. I don't blame him and am glad he didn't.

Good stuff, the moguls at the top there were pretty gnarly looking. Nice job everyone!
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Kudos to everyone involved. After watching the video it's obvious that the left line was much faster becasue of the turn. That needs to be addressed next year. Tele guy was fast however, but he didn't always turn. Mogul judging is always subject to discussion. I have had my share of questions on the mogul judging over the years. If we don't like it than we should go to the Nastar course.

Great vids---great turns---looks like everyone had a blast!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Kudos to everyone involved. After watching the video it's obvious that the left line was much faster becasue of the turn. That needs to be addressed next year. Tele guy was fast however, but he didn't always turn. Mogul judging is always subject to discussion. I have had my share of questions on the mogul judging over the years. If we don't like it than we should go to the Nastar course.
    The left line was faster all around. Up top the line was more direct and the troughs were not as deep or chewed up. Below the kicker there were really no bumps to speak of on the left line. You can see in all of the 2 man races that the skiers on the left was always able to straight line it at the bottom while the skier on the right still had to make turns.

Johnypoach's race with Nigel was close, but IMO he should have won simply for jumping over him at the bottom of the course. That was awsome!

Great day! So glad I competed, so much fun! Thanks for the videos, they both really captured the day well. I felt like I skied well, but clearly didn't do much in the air department. Definitely something to work on for next year...
    Brian

Looks like a great time, too bad I had other obligations, would've been fun to just hang-out and be a part of things.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    The left line was faster all around. Up top the line was more direct and the troughs were not as deep or chewed up. Below the kicker there were really no bumps to speak of on the left line. You can see in all of the 2 man races that the skiers on the left was always able to straight line it at the bottom while the skier on the right still had to make turns.

Johnypoach's race with Nigel was close, but IMO he should have won simply for jumping over him at the bottom of the course. That was awsome!
    the left line may have been faster but it also had a big ass sheet of ice for an approach to the kicker. I totally preferred the right side and thought the line approaching was far better, and more fun.

Of course i say this cause i got eliminated skiing the left line.

I stayed even with madskier with him on the left and me on the right so i dont think the right side was that much of a disadvantage speed wise.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    but clearly didn't do much in the air department. Definitely something to work on for next year...
    Same here! I am just happy with myself for going off that thing. I think I took about 4 practice runs down the course before I worked up the nearve to hit that kicker. On my first attempt I had way to much speed and landed too far down hill. When it came time to race all I could think about was to not build up to much speed into the kicker and I ended up sking REALLY slow. But I had a great time and I am just happy that I entered. I had a blast hanging out on top of the hill with eveyone and watching the runs. It was a really good vibe up.

Thread Information