• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3/16/08 (Bump or Bust Mogul Competition)

Greg

Staff member
It was so much fun. the only downside for me is dealing with my knee. I just hope it gets to the point where i can ski friday. Right now, i think thursday and friday is too much to ask of it.

Rest up.

What's bumming me out is the fact that the mountain is closed through Thursday. It seems like they're already jumping into late season touch and go mode. Those bumps are so perfect right now and the mountain is buried in snow. I hope we get lift serviced through March at least.

bvibert

Staff member
I couldnt agree more. Like i said, i was upset for a while but my competitive side had kicked in and i wasnt really dealing with it rationally.

It was so much fun. the only downside for me is dealing with my knee. I just hope it gets to the point where i can ski friday. Right now, i think thursday and friday is too much to ask of it.

Bummer the knee got that messed up Pat! :(

MRGisevil

Thanks! It was a lot of fun. I was happy that I did as good as I did against Jeff, someone who I consider a much better skier than me. I wish the video showed a bit more of our run after the kickers...

I will have the full video with full runs out in a couple days. I was kind of hard to capture so much action in three minutes without cutting runs short.

bvibert

Staff member
I will have the full video with full runs out in a couple days. I was kind of hard to capture so much action in three minutes without cutting runs short.

Completely understandable. I didn't mean that as a critique of your editing skills at all. Thanks so much for all the work you put into this!

2knees

Completely understandable. I didn't mean that as a critique of your editing skills at all. Thanks so much for all the work you put into this!

Yeah, how bout some gratitude you big ingrate :wink:

it was gettin cold and windy up there and we were skiing. Marge was sitting in that bucket for 3 hours filming our sorry asses. thanks marge!!!!

madskier6

I stayed even with madskier with him on the left and me on the right so i dont think the right side was that much of a disadvantage speed wise.

Well, that's because I was so damn slow! :wink: No, actually Pat skis bumps much faster (& more gracefully) than I do. I think the left side was faster speed wise but it had that ice patch before the kicker & the left kicker seemed to launch people further down than the right one. Overall, the 2 courses were about even I think.

I'll be totally honest here, i was upset for a while yesterday cause i thought i crashed after the spot they originally deemed the finish line. I bitched to Jeff for a while. Sorry bro. i just got caught up in the wrong attitude.

but then i remembered what jarrod kept telling us. this was for fun and anyone taking it too seriously was going to be DQ'd.

No problem, Pat. I didn't take it as bitching or having the wrong attitude. Just post-competition reflection & analysis. I would have had the same attitude you did. A little upset at the outcome & how it might have been different but not a big deal in the overall scheme of things.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks so much for all the work you put into this!

Yes. Thank you again, Randi! Not only for the video and editing, but your enthusiasm!

BTW, just got a nice Email from Chris who's been following this thread. He's talking all feedback into account. In fact, next year they are considering two comps, perhaps late January and again mid-March! :cool: I thanked him profusely for keeping the mogul experience alive at Ski Sundown. Again, we are very lucky to have such a radical little hill right in our backyards!

I would encourage everyone that went yesterday to pop them an Email and thank them as well:

chris@skisundown.com
jarrod@skisundown.com
customerservice@skisundown.com

BTW, it should also be noted that Sundown offered some pretty nice prizes to the top 4 finishers in each category - everything from goggles and boot bags to snowboards and skis! :-o

2knees

Hope we don't see you here: http://forums.alpinezone.com/25510-got-acl.html

I was in denial for about a week until I finally made a drs appt.

I've blown out 2 acls so i know what it feels like. I seriously doubt i did that and i did manage to take 2 more runs after my incident. I just caught way too much air and landed really really hard on my last run against MrMagic. I think i just have an impact bruise, if thats such a thing.

If i cant ski by friday, i will make a drs appt. i'm going to sugarbush regardless. i'll ski groomers and drink some beers. then deal with it after that.

MRGisevil

I did. I'll get it up later. In fact, I'm thinking of just throwing up a couple of unedited clips on youtube for now- that one, and Brian's run, so people can check out what they want. Let me know if anyone has a request. I have footage of every run during the comp, including bonus runs. I'll put them up tonight.

2knees

STEVE'O!!!

Steve, i love you man. that opening sequence is the balls.

SkiDork

What a blast that whole comp looks like. I wish BMMC can be close to that this year. Sorry I missed it.

Greg

Staff member
some really really great pictures, greg is that you throwing that MONSTER Eagle spread?

Rocking that pic as the new avatar. :spread:

Lucky shot... :lol:

Greg

Staff member
man thats a sweet shot and a sweet spread

Thanks. Now I have to figure out how to throw a twister in front of it. Some cool shots of you in there too, Chris.