• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3/16/08 (Bump or Bust Mogul Competition)

2knees

i'm just pissed i crashed about 15 feet before the finish line. not saying i wouldve beat mrmagic by any stretch but if your gonna bail, do it in style, dont lay down like a dog in his bed. :lol:

I thought i was on my game for the most part today. i hit some nice lines and while i didnt do anything crazy off the kicker, i caught nice air and went right back into my line. i really cant complain.

2knees

btw, lets give it up for MrMagic. He skied clean, fast and hard all day. Great job and great skiing. Good on ya!

MrMagic

Here’s my take on today’s events:

I got there around 11 30 AM meet Greg and jeff03 on the deck, got the run down on conditions and was out around 11 45 took a few warm up runs on the bumps but kept it pretty laid back and slow.
For qualifying I took the skiers right line which I thought was the harder of the two lines ( personally) I didn’t have any practice time on the kicker , I took it slow through the line but fell hard on the kicker which rattled me for the up coming bracket race. I wasn’t expecting to get any farther than one run but I won first round qualifying against Tim I was running at full speed but my skies being so wide were slowing me down, second run I was against some one else ( not sure who) won against him in the right line, with plenty of speed.
Semi finals I was paired with pat ( who by the ways RIPS!!!) Pat dude, it was an up most pleasure to bump with you,. Made it to the final run but fell of the kicker ( way to much speed) recovered quickly but lost against the telemarker. All in all it was a blast,

I was sporting my super gaper mad steezey coat cover in ski patches I only bust that puppy out on special events. Im taking tomorrow (Monday) off but Tuesday ill be back up north getting ready for next year!

Cheers

chris

Greg

Staff member
btw, lets give it up for MrMagic. He skied clean, fast and hard all day. Great job and great skiing. Good on ya!

No doubt! A great skier and a super nice guy. Glad to get to know you this season, Chris!

MRGisevil

This is actually Mr. evil, Randi is using my computer to edit the video. Today was a blast and I am really glad I decided to compete. Everyone skied great, especially Mr.Magic. I can't complain too much about getting knocked out of the brackets by the guy that came in 2nd place.

Randi has a ton of great footage and is working on her next masterpiece.

Greg

Staff member
Randi has a ton of great footage and is working on her next masterpiece.

I can't wait. I'm sure it will be great. BTW, Randi was positioned on the platform where the judges were.

I'm working on a short video too based on the footage Brian took from the top.

ga2ski

I was a bit surprised seeing a tele guy win it. Perhaps he was just more impressive through the bumps considering he was on teles than any of the alpiners? dunno

It certainly seems like a farce though. I've seen some teles shred bumps, but definitely not as good as someone can ski em' on alpine boards.

I know some pretty good tele bumpers. ... they can compete with most alpiners. Wish I could have been there to support the tele contnigent. Who knows maybe 1st and 2nd would have been free heelers?

Good job - folks. Sorry I missed it. Couldn't get myself to drive south to ski.

MRGisevil

ok guys- rendering right now. I'll post the youtube link once it's up. I couldn't get everything in of course, but did my best to get the better runs in, feature lots of air, and made sure to get everyone from AZ in.

Greg

Staff member
Mine's done too and rendering now. Same approach as Randi - just the highlight competition runs of AZers. After reviewing the tape, I'll retract my comments. Nigel deserved the win. Kind of a weird set of circumstances to put him in the finals, but despite lack of big air, his skiing was pretty consistent. He killed me on speed. I got out of my line after the kicker and lost all momentum. Still no regrets. I skied as well as I could have. MrMagic was killing it and deserves the silver based on aggressiveness alone.

MRGisevil

Youtube is up. Greg, I'm going to burn you a DVD with this movie and the one from February, because the hi-res does soooo much more justice. But for now, here's the distorted version:

ps.......................... don't kill me

Greg

Staff member
feature lots of air

I hope you included powhunter's crash off the kicker where his ski released mid-air! :-o Can't believe nobody brought that up yet. That was one of the funniest parts of the day. :lol:

MRGisevil

I hope you included powhunter's crash off the kicker where his ski released mid-air! :-o Can't believe nobody brought that up yet. That was one of the funniest parts of the day. :lol:

he he he.....3...................2..........................................1..

MrMagic

love the ending, very nice work another quality storm-trooper production!

Greg

Staff member
Youtube is up. Greg, I'm going to burn you a DVD with this movie and the one from February, because the hi-res does soooo much more justice. But for now, here's the distorted version:

ps.......................... don't kill me

Oh man! That's awesome. You had such a cool vantage point. Yep - we need to work on getting the high res hosted. I'll PM you with some ideas...

Thank you so much Randi for filming and editing that. Steve - you rule! :lol:

MR. evil

Whoever had the early release on the jump NICE!!!!!:razz::daffy:

Nice vid. Good job guys.

That was Powhunter aka Steve. The guy standing next to me up top was laughing so hard when that happned he feel over in his skis