• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weather 25th & 26th at stowe

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
So i am getting the feeling that wednesday is going to be the one. it looks like the snow will start tuesday in to the night and payday will be wednesday. I am an amature so who in the expert category can weigh in here. I am thinking of leaving the city about 3 on tues. Thoughts?

powderfreak

Sorry, I just saw this...

My call for Stowe is for only 1-3" of snow tonight followed by maybe an additional inch tomorrow. Overall its going to be a very light event with marginal temperatures. I do not think the town of Stowe will see more than an inch as temperatures never really fall below freezing tonight below 1,000ft. However, I see this playing out as an inch of wet snow at the base with a temp near 30 and 3" of less dense snow at the top where temps should be in the mid to low 20s.

Then tomorrow some wet snow showers could mix with sprinkles at the base (1,500ft) but will be all snow above 2,000ft with maybe another inch on the upper mountain.

The clipper looks weak and moisture starved but at this point, every inch helps keep the conditions fresh.

-Scott