• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Northeast Blizzard of 2005 Discussion Thread

B

beswift

swade2469 said:
Crombie - Don't listen to this crap - you want to ski or what? Just use your best judgement and go for it. I am telling you. They got 24" !!!!!!! It is EPIC!!!!
You want to ski? Try skiing like a man. You can go to Hilton's Tent City near North Station and pick up a good set of X-C skiis on a discount. Don't follow the advice of these lift-service yahoo's. By the way, Boston's Mayor and R.I.'s governor have both requested people to not drive. Sorry, Romney, the carpetbagger, can't be quoted exactly like that. However, when he tells state employees to stay at home, I'm sure the police and road crews aren't going to welcome you out on the hiway.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
You want to ski? Try skiing like a man.
you mean like skinning up 2000 vertical feet for a single run? c'mon man, we know you're a hard core xc skier, and that's cool. but don't dump on our preferred method of two planking and we won't dump on yours. that's what being a man is. i've tried it and didn't like it, and that's cool that you do. but i've seen enough of your holy than thou attitude with your nordic remarks.

B

beswift

riverc0il said:
You want to ski? Try skiing like a man.
you mean like skinning up 2000 vertical feet for a single run? c'mon man, we know you're a hard core xc skier, and that's cool. but don't dump on our preferred method of two planking and we won't dump on yours. that's what being a man is. i've tried it and didn't like it, and that's cool that you do. but i've seen enough of your holy than thou attitude with your nordic remarks.
Sorry fella, but I ski without any preference where or how it is done. The guy wanted to know where to ski close to Boston. He didn't ask where he could drive or where he could ride a lift, did he? Besides, if you ever do go to the Alpine regions you will realize that Nordic skiing, Ice Skating and Snowshoeing are also done in that Zone. Futhermore, no one likes cross country skiing at first because it takes some special skill, technical knowledge and practice to reach a level of enjoyment. However, using your own power and energy to move on skiis increases your self-esteem which a lot of people need.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Sorry fella, but I ski without any preference where or how it is done.
so why did you state "try skiing like a man" in regards to XC?

However, using your own power and energy to move on skiis increases your self-esteem which a lot of people need.
ummm, fwiw i do have an AT setup for using my own power and energy to move the skis. frankly, it isn't increasing self-esteem yet.... hopefully it won't ever increase my head though :roll: "sorry fella".

dmc

Didnt get my splitboard out this weekend... But next weekend I'm headed into the woods... The new snow should settle by then...

JimG.

Staff member
dmc said:
Didnt get my splitboard out this weekend... But next weekend I'm headed into the woods... The new snow should settle by then...

Had my skins and all yesterday, but I was a bit afraid of hitting stuff since the snow was so dry and light; tried Bailey's for a test, took a little base shot, and that was it for the woods.

dmc

JimG. said:
dmc said:

Had my skins and all yesterday, but I was a bit afraid of hitting stuff since the snow was so dry and light; tried Bailey's for a test, took a little base shot, and that was it for the woods.

I got some damage on Taylors... :(
And tagged a couple of rocks on 44 - skiers left...

JimG.

Staff member
dmc said:
Got some damage on Taylors... :(
And tagged a couple of rocks on 44 - skiers left...

I skied over those rocks on 44 Saturday and missed killing my skis by a hair, so I knew they were there. Stayed off Taylor's yesterday because I always seem to hit something when I go on that run and it has no base at all.

dmc

JimG. said:
Stayed off Taylor's yesterday because I always seem to hit something when I go on that run and it has no base at all.

Taylors was good for the first couple of runs then got rally bad... BUT - more people wnet in and packed it down... So next weekend it's going to be great!!!

YOur right -The day before Taylors and leftside Westway were just rocks...

JimG.

Staff member
dmc said:
Taylors was good for the first couple of runs then got rally bad... BUT - more people wnet in and packed it down... So next weekend it's going to be great!!!

YOur right -The day before Taylors and leftside Westway were just rocks...

I love Taylor's and wish they would make some snow on it and keep it open. Sure, the charm of it being a natural snow run is nice, but it is such a classic old style run and it would take some skiing pressure off of Clair's on busy days.

I'm seriously thinking of skiing this Wednesday, so I might take a closer look at it then.

tree_skier

What a fantastick day at Mount Snow Yesterday. Picked up about 20 inches, there was alot of drifting so there were sections of skiing in 3+feet off nice POW. Then to top of the day the Pats kicking butt.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

pepperdawg

Since I'm at work and swamped from blowing yesterday off, i'll keep this brief....

Headed to K-mart Saturday afternoon, got to the house just as snow started around 4:00pm....drank beer.....at Bear for 7:30am.....made probalby 10th or so chair.....ripped Outer Limits......mucho super light cold smoke pow....in the "White Room" multiple times....Immediatly repeated on the fiddle....then over to Needles....lapped vai skyship many times....very cold, but worth it......rode till almost 2....drank beer, slept.......Monday - everything was mowed down (groomed)....no crowds......rode till noon...came home ....slept...no crowds all weekend....