The Northeast Blizzard of 2005 Discussion Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

The Northeast Blizzard of 2005 Discussion Thread

Heard rumblings, rumors, don't want to Jinx, but I figured someone has to take the fall!

Greg and DMC made mention of this yesterday. Still very early. NECN said this morning possible blizzard conditions. Matt the broadcaster said I'm just not sure where and exactly when. I'm hoping for Sunday night after the ride home. Sunday afternoon could make geeting back for the football games tough, but any snow at all please..
    Skiing is my addiction.

I'm already blocking out my calender 'tenetivily' for Monday....just to be safe
    -Woof

It's still a bit early, two scenarios either we get nailed here in New England or the Low tracks further South due to the H up in Canada blocking the storm from running North and the Mid-Atlantic states get nailed. Early models are pointing toward a more Southern track then the storm moving out to Sea where the DC area will get walloped but it's still early to tell tomorrow will have a much better idea of where this storm is going. But it is going to be a monster of a storm for whoever gets it. After that, it's looking like a nice cold/stormy pattern will be in place for the next 10-15 days. Winter has finally arrived to New England.
    W.F.O

Quote Originally Posted by Bob R
    I'm hoping for Sunday night after the ride home.
    Why go home ?

NOAA's not looking hopeful, but again, it's too early to tell, really:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecas...25&city=Boston

Southern New Hampshire's reading about the same. I figure if Boston doesn't get whacked, no one inland will, either. Except maybe Maine.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae
    NOAA's not looking hopeful, but again, it's too early to tell, really:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecas...25&city=Boston

Southern New Hampshire's reading about the same. I figure if Boston doesn't get whacked, no one inland will, either. Except maybe Maine.
    That reads like a typical "we're not sure yet" forecast. If anything, this bears watching. We'll probably have a better handle on the storm track Friday or Saturday.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob R
    I'm hoping for Sunday night after the ride home.
    Why go home ?
    Excellent question. I have not been to work alot since x-mass. Taken about 2 weeks vacation. My partner has the next 2 weeks off I have to earn my keep. I hope everyone else can get a long weekend and hopefully enjoy some fresh snow.
    Skiing is my addiction.

I'm going to stick with the "we're not getting anything" pessimism, in an effort to counteract any early-enthusiasm bad juju.

It's not going to snow.
    (please snow)
    It's not going to snow.
    (please snow)

Ideally, I'd like the mountains to get a good dump, but with the way the season's been so far, as long as it stays cold and the ski areas can make snow I'm happy.

Beggars can't be choosers...

Thread Information