• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 3/27 - 3/28 Storm Discussion Thread

hiroto

National Weather Service is now saying rain throughout most of NH, I had been hoping for a good day at Ragged tomorrow, bummer.

They report 6 inches of new snow. I wonder if they got rain toward the end of it. I was also hoping for Ragged tomorrow but hard to tell if the woods will be open. I called them asked but they cannot be definitive. Maybe better off Sunday with warmer weather but I only got Saturday. Maybe go to Loon instead. Looks like they only got snow out of this and their glades are all open.

ERJ-145CA

I wasn't planning on skiing tomorrow but now it looks like it's going to start snowing at Belleayre tonight and continue all day tomorrow so I think I will head up there.

Well, I checked the hourly forecast this morning on weather.com and it said snow all day at Belleayre, they were completely wrong. It was misting and drizzling all day and obviously it was freezing drizzle during the night as everything was encrusted in ice. I skied for about 3 hours with icy crust on top of the snow near the top and a little softer about half way down. It was still fun but I was pretty wet. On the bright side they declared a rain day at noon so I got to ski today and I have a free ticket for this season or next.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
National Weather Service is now saying rain throughout most of NH, I had been hoping for a good day at Ragged tomorrow, bummer.

Don't give up on that. They got 6" of wet powder. Not busy today and the woods are open. You may even find some stretches of untracked snow if you get there early. Trail report on the way.

They report 6 inches of new snow. I wonder if they got rain toward the end of it. I was also hoping for Ragged tomorrow but hard to tell if the woods will be open. I called them asked but they cannot be definitive. Maybe better off Sunday with warmer weather but I only got Saturday. Maybe go to Loon instead. Looks like they only got snow out of this and their glades are all open.

It was still spitting snow at 5 pm when we left. The outside thermometer on my car showed 32 degrees.